PICTURES OF MY SKIRTS

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
StraightSkirt

PICTURES OF MY SKIRTS

Post by StraightSkirt »

Please don't give me a hard time for not showing my face. It's hard enough for me to get up the courage to take pictures and share them. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: PICTURES OF MY SKIRTS

Post by Caultron »

I think you look fine. Travel at your own pace, yes, but keep traveling.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

All of those work quite well. The only thing I'd be tempted to do would be to tuck the shirt into some of the shorter skirts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

They all look very good. I personally prefer the skirts that go to knee length or just above.

John
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

That's some size of photo album. I reckon you must be the second-most photographed person on here already!

A good collection of skirts. Have you worn them outdoors? If not, put one of the cargo skirts on, and step out!

I appreciate you only changed your skirt between photos, to save time. But those black shoes seen in some pics would have gone better than the trainers with the black skirts, particularly the long one. And blue shirt with brown skirt is not great, as my wife keeps telling me. :roll: The blue patterned one is great, especially when worn long.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
StraightSkirt

Post by StraightSkirt »

The blue patterned one is great, especially when worn long.
I like that one the best. Thanks for the comments! I have not yet been bold enough to go out. I almost ordered a pizza yesterday just to go pick it up in a skirt but pussed out.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

StraightSkirt wrote:I have not yet been bold enough to go out. I almost ordered a pizza yesterday just to go pick it up in a skirt but pussed out.
At the risk of just adding my voice to the din, just do it.

50% of the people won't notice.
20% won't care.
20% will actually like it.
8% will like it and give you a smile or a once-over.
1.9% will like it and say so, either by asking a question or paying a compliment.
0.1% are assholes, but the worst you'll get is a frown.

When you do get a frown, stand tall, look 'em straight back in the eye, and tell 'em to have a good day. Melts 'em every time.

People wear all sorts of crazy things all the time. People are used to that, and you won't be the craziest they've seen in the last week, not by a long shot.

More women will like seeing you in a skirt than men. You'll get positive reactions from women more frequently than you do in trousers.

No unruly mobs, SWAT teams, street gangs, or aerial assaults will appear.

If it helps, start somewhere you'll be anonymous, not too many people, not too few. Plan a series of stops so you can chicken out if you need to. But more likely, the second will be easier than the first, and the third more so, and so on.

I know all this seems impossible, but it's true. Almost everyone on this board has been through it, and the rest want to. Just do it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

StraightSkirt,
Hi, believe me, we have all been through the doubts and fears, I've "chickened" out on more occasions than I'd care to admit, that's natural.
The simple fact is that on most occasions, most people, simply won't care.
That's not to say they won't notice, they will. You'll read again and again , here to "walk tall", head high etc.
That's all true, but even simpler, have a ready smile for all and sundry. A cheery good morning or whatever can also work many wonders.
For a first "outing" though, go somewhere that your familiar with and make it comfortably short lived. Then do it again and again, each time stretching the boundarries.
In your own time it will become amazingly liberating and actually addictive.
Above all of this, be aware, be safe.
Steve.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Skirtman's expectations -v- onlookers reactions: an example.

Today was nice and sunny, and after dinner I went to the local shop to buy some ice creams for the family. Now my local shop is in the scheme (translation: Council estate, social housing, etc) and until recently I have not gone there skirted for fear of a bad reaction from the locals. I go to town centre shops skirted all the time, so this was entirely based on my prejudices! But today I decided I didn't care, and I strolled along the street in my long lightweight khaki skirt. (Note to self: must post a pic of it!) When I reached the shop, a small group of 10-year old boys was standing by the door. Did I get some cutting jibe? No, I got a simple question: "Why are you wearing a skirt?". "Because it's nice and comfy to wear", and I strode into the shop. By the time I left, the boys had had time to muster all their wit, and their musicality to boot: "Da-na na-na na-na na-na, da-na na-na na-na na-na, Skirtman!", which wasn't exactly hostile. "That's me, you should try it!" And I went on my way. A bit further on, two teenage girls, one in jeans and the other in short shorts and tights, i.e. both trousered. I find that teenage girls are the most likely to come out with a wolf whistle or sarcastic remark, but these two just remarked to each other about my skirt and had a wee laugh. I carried on by, looking back to engage them in some chat, but they didn't turn to look at me again.

This is typical of what you get, but most of the time you get nothing but a funny look, or just nothing at all. No-one is shocked or offended. You just brighten up someone's day! So have no fear.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

I have to agree that groups of teenage girls are the most embarrassingly vocal; they seem to have no inhibitions at all.
I've never been the object of aggression, it's just the loudness and vulgarity that annoy me.

Martin
Vince5680

Post by Vince5680 »

Well I think you look absolutely fine, I prefer the look of the shorter above the knee skirts but that's more my style.
I agree that shirt tucked in would be better. Do you make your own skirts ? As I notice you have some long and short skirts in the same fabric ?
All in all looks like its unanimous. Your looking good.

Well done!
Hazy

Post by Hazy »

Good on you for posting some pics.

I like pic 3 the best. Above the knee is my favored look, and I like the dark tights too.

I echo some of the previous responses on public reaction. Having been out skirted several times I wholeheartedly agree that the majority of people will notice you are wearing a skirt, and the vast majority of those will not give a hoot. Maybe the odd raised eyebrow or two, but certainly nothing remotely bad (my experiences anyway).

Keep moving forward, baby steps as they say. I have found that op shops are a great place to start.

Best of luck,

Neil
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

I agree with the comments. You look fine. Skirt length or type is down to how you feel. If you feel comfortable then go for it. Many in Society wear what they want, do they ask for your approval?

I concur with Caultron's comments 24th May.

Have the courage of your convictions and go an collect your pizza in your skirt. I go everywhere skirted including opticians, dentist, theaters, pubs, days out etc and have had no direct physical aggression. Yes some stares the odd glance, I am slightly different to what is expected of a man so why not look momentarily, I do if I see something different. Those that give a prolonged stare, if I'm aware of it, I stare back. I hear the very rare comment once you pass but you ignore that but recently sat in a pub for a meal the family on the next table said something about me but not at me. I gave a reply not at them but loud enough to hear. Momentary silence, then they continued with their previous conversation which was not about me. I have to say the two women gave me a look later on that as they say, if looks could kill, but then I did make it known earlier "typical modern women, sat in jeans and trainers, expect to break their traditions yet confine a man to the past."

I wear skirts and tops deemed by Society as womens wear. Have a look at the photos in my gallery on my website www.theskirtedman.eu and you'll see I'm even more adventurous than you.

Go for it. Put that skirt on and be a man. I do.

Jeremy
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

All of the skirts look great. There is no one "right" look. I wear kilts and skirts regularly, trousers very rarely. The comment above of teen age girls having no inhibitions seems to be spot on. I regularly custom a rather large shopping mall (two story building with a central promenade with direct entry to 150 stalls). Whilst walking between the stalls, there has been two times that a teenage girl has tried to raise my hem. The first time, she was wearing trousers and a simple restraint of my skirt and a stare straight at her ended the effort. The most recent trip through the mall, the lass was wearing a mini skirt. My attempt to hold down my skirt was getting a good deal of resistance from her. As she was not dissuaded easily, I reached over to the hem of her skirt, and made a very soft pull on it. She opted to let go of my skirt, and I let go of hers. Her boyfriend was well amused. These are really the only two times that the wearing of a skirt has even been noticed.

I have been wearing skirts for 45 years. In all that time the sky has not fallen, the earth spin out of orbit or any other major pestilence. I do live in a very large multi-ethnic city, and most people do not care what you wear. The skirt is really a non issue.

Cheers,
Steve
Andy

Post by Andy »

wow, you seem to have a real collection of skirts already, I only have two.
Unlike you, I usually wear them with stockings, are you wearing tights?
Egotism is an alphabet of one letter