Research in skirts for men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Research in skirts for men

Post by Grok »

I believe that the gay/bisexual/transgender assumption is due to skirts being associated almost entirely with females. But that is narrow minded aspect of Western civilization...look at traditional mens wear of other cultures.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

It occurred to me that if skirts are associated almost entirely with females, then they must be symbols of the feminine. Hence, the gay assumption. What isn't evaluated are skirts as garments, and what advantages such may offer men.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I have absolutely no personal experience with this, but my understanding is that gay men are mostly attracted to men who look like men, and not so much to men who look like women.

This means that in a gay relationship, it makes no sense to ask, "Who's the woman?" because the answer is usually, "Neither. We both like men."

So while a man wearing a skirt may be unconventional, that doesn't mean he's gay.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Comfort again-the hottest days of the year. Below the waist even shorts provide an effective layer of insulation.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Why are you wearing skirts? ( as a fashion statement, comfort, crossdressing/transgender etc etc?)

For the same reason women wear pants, suits, tuxedos, shirts, sneakers etc.

How does it feel to wear a skirt?

As if you wore nothing at all, at least until you feel the hem.

Do you have a partner? If so, how does he or she reacts when you wear a skirt?

No, I don't, I am single and since I wear skirts, I am even more picky in that perspective. :twisted:

How do people on the street react when you wear a skirt?

Either they giggle behind my back or remain ignorant, which I prefer.

What kind of skirts are you wearing and why?

I wear any kinda kilt except the traditional one and start wearing a men skirt in a few weeks, cuz I don't need excuses and the traditional requires a cock-bag which looks hilarious.

Describe the perfect skirt for men... ( material, length, details etc)

Made of poly-cotton 14oz at max, with rip stop weave, pleated all around, knee long, belt loops with d-rings for pockets.

How old are you? Where are you from? Are you gay, straight, bi-sexual or transgender?

I am 31 years old German dude and straighter than the highway route 66.

Could you add a picture of you in your nicest skirt?

My nicest skirt is about to be dispatched soon.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Looks like I missed Marcel's question set, so I'll start with it.
Why are you wearing skirts? ( as a fashion statement, comfort, crossdressing/transgender etc etc?)
Internally: It better represents my sense of self than trousers. comfort.
Externally: Fashion statement, Gender equality statement,
- How does it feel to wear a skirt?
Exhilarating. Comforting.
- Do you have a partner? If so, how does he or she reacts when you wear a skirt?
Yes. She says she doesn't have a problem with it, but the body language (etc) says different, and has admitted that wearing in the general public does cause here to feel self conscious.
- How do people on the street react when you wear a skirt?
Mostly, they don't notice. Unfortunately most of those that do and make me as a male may stare and make behind the back comments. (I have also gotten compliments) These negative reactions, though carefully done outside of my field of vision, occasionally to gets caught by my wife and is the stated cause of her discomfort.
- What kind of skirts are you wearing and why?
I'm willing to give just about anything a try. Due to anatomical differences, I will limit the hemline to a couple inches below the shortest our female counterparts will wear.
- Describe the perfect skirt for men... ( material, length, details etc)
Like a work of art, it is dependent on the situation, and really is in the eye of the beholder. This includes body type and environment. In other words, it really requires review on a case-by-case basis. For the moment, kilts have the lead due to their head start bucking the gender stereotype. I also wouldn't discount the ability of a decent broomstick skirt to hold its own even without the "Scottish pride" backing.
+ How old are you? Where are you from? Are you gay, straight, bi-sexual or transgender?
45 straight white male with a "brain sex" score that lands precisely between the male and female peaks on that "bell curve"
+ Could you add a picture of you in your nicest skirt?
Already in the "pics and looks" section.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Dear marcelcropfl,

here my answers and pictures.

I am wearing mostly dresses and sometimes long skirts. The main reason is comfort and freedom of wearing dresses

- How does it feel to wear a skirt?
It is freedom pure and frech in Summer and worm in Winter.

- Do you have a partner? If so, how does he or she reacts when you wear a skirt?
no, bat all my friends and neighbors respect my dressing style

- How do people on the street react when you wear a skirt?
almost positive reactions. very view bad comments.

- What kind of skirts are you wearing and why?
I tried above the knee skirts and dresses and it looks not so good. For me, the best are mid calf or full length skirts and dresses. For comort I do prefer a -line dresses and skirts

- Describe the perfect skirt for men... ( material, length, details etc)
it is difficult to describe the perfect skirt for men. Every men do have different styles and priorities. I think a good skirt or dress for men should figure out the masculine shape. Many men have the problem to adapt skirts and dresses to their figure, because the garments are performed for women.

+ How old are you? Where are you from? Are you gay, straight, bi-sexual or transgender?
I am 47 from Germany and simply a men who likes the freedom to wear dresses at any time when I like to do it

+ Could you add a picture of you in your nicest skirt?
my favorate three dresses are:
my long a line shirt dress.gif
back from work wearing my black long dress.gif
summer dress for hot days.gif
I wish you a successful study and I am interested in the results
Best Regards
norstdresses
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.