Skirts = Power ?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts = Power ?

Post by Jack Williams »

Well, perusing that lot, there is a lot to be said for non-synthetic carpets. I'm pleased that my fake Persion carpet is made out of dinkum wool.
I know, however, that it will never fly.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Quite likely that the wool came from Australia or New Zealand too, no matter where the carpet was actually made.
As for the van de graaf picture, the skirt should be of the purest natural nylon for best results. I lit a bunsen burner with my finger when I was hooked up to one at school, aged 12 or so. I doubt that would be allowed today.
Now, back to the point, skirt=power. I grew up in a world where most of my earliest influences wore skirts. Mother, sisters, teachers, Sunday School and regular.
To varying degrees, they all could have some influence over me but my "skirt envy" was largely reserved for my female peers. As then, so now, the girls seem to have so much more easy choices.
I have no great use for current cliches, but, at work, skirted, I actually feel "empowered", purely by having made the choice of my garb.
Steve.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

That's the one. Empowered. Out from under.