not the only ones

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

not the only ones

Post by rick401r »

Apparantly, we're not the only ones feeling discriminated against by the clothing designers. I saw this post on Facebook that a female friend wrote:
OK Ladies, I have a complaint, I love those big fuzzy sleep pants. The mens have pockets and the ladies don't, I would love pockets. I feel we are being discriminated against. Lets rise up against the manufactures. lol
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: not the only ones

Post by renesm1 »

Presumably, the manufacturers think women take their handbags to bed....
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Why would anybody want anything in his/her pockets when sleeping? That would be awfully lumpy. Now I can see that pockets are useful for garments fastened by the waist (e.g., pants or skirts) but for garments supported from the shoulder - e.g. dresses I discover if I try to put anything in the pocket of a dress the dress does not hang right.

I now wear a cross-body black canvas purse so the only thing I put in my pockets (if available) are my keys and handkerchief.

John
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

Yeah,women are totally discriminated fashion-wise :D .They never wear apparel directly from the men's department,nor they have female analogs for all :).
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Dinoco

Post by Dinoco »

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but here in New England it's not uncommon to see people out and about wearing pajama pants, so maybe that's why people want them to have pockets. Personally I think it looks ridiculous, but who am I to judge?