New MARMOT Skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
StraightSkirt

New MARMOT Skirt

Post by StraightSkirt »

Here is a pic of me in my first skirt. I have about 6 new ones on the way all different but all pretty masculine.

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New MARMOT Skirt

Post by Kirbstone »

Well, It's certainly a straight skirt, StSk. I notice, however that M'sieur Guillotine got a swipe at you straight across the chest, so we're denied a look at that part of you they put on the banknotes, coins and postage stamps in your Dynastic Despotry.
So far as I can recall, M'sieur Guillotine only intended to chop heads off, but here at the Forum we like to see the ol' Dial an' awll!

Tom k.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Post by Different_Trains »

Looking good!

Personally I'm not bothered about people showing faces on here, but if you could make the picture bigger it'd be easier to see.
StraightSkirt

Post by StraightSkirt »

Agreed, the pics are small. I can make them bigger when my next skirts come in. I choose to not show my face for a number of reasons. I think just taking the step of wearing the skirt around the house is close enough to the edge of the cliff for now.

As for the skirt,
It is well made, double stitched and nice sized pockets. It fits well and has the length I think I am going to like. The brand is a recognized "outdoorsy" company that has a good reputation. I think that most of the skirts I will wear will have some masculine features to them, Pockets, Zippers in the front, belt loops, etc... This one has all of these features. Later I will do a full review for everyone, as I will try and do with all of the skirts I have coming in too. I'm excited. Thanks everyone for reading and supporting. As you all know this is a big step.

Here is what I have on order:

Dickies Women's 20 Inch Stretch Twill Skirt

Royal Robbins Women's Kick Around Skirt

Mountain Hardwear Kick Around Skirt

Royal Robbins Sundance Skirt

ExOffico Nomad Skirt

Mountain Hardwear La Rambla Skirt

Cabelas Bayou Skirt
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great selection of fairly similar skirts, SkSt. It's interesting to see just how many manufacturers offer more or less the same formula. I personally like the A-line offerings the best as I have a big stride. The trick is to find pockets big enough for male hands.
Your list has saved the rest of us a lot of browsing. Thanks for that.
T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
jessimeon

Post by jessimeon »

yeah i always am desperate to hoover up websites, im hopping they have xxl so thanks for the links, yeah ya look pretty cool in that, looks professional even id have no problem going to something formal in it, is quite smart :D

i think the Mountain Hardwear La Rambla Skirt is my favorite
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Nice collection you'll have there.