Contacting the retailers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DannyL

Re: Contacting the retailers

Post by DannyL »

I'd like to say, if you're really looking for colored jeans, they are not too hard to find. It's actually quite easy to find "mens red jeans" or "mens burgundy jeans" on google or on amazon. Zappos is also a good place to start looking. If you can fit into skinny jeans, hot topic (blue bannana is apparenly a similar UK store) and American Apparel, as well as many other trend stores" sell other colors.

I think the reason more companies don't sell brightly colored jeans for men, because most men in the general public aren't willing to step outside the neatly painted box that already exists. Women have already pushed for the right to wear pants without discrimination. Today, women aren't afraid to walk into the mens section and get a shirt or a jacket that they like. Similarly, some smaller girls I see here at the university have no qualms with getting clothes from the kids section, since there is quite a big difference between teen clothes and kids clothes. Our female counterparts routinely shop in all sections of a clothing store, regardless of the gender label, without qualms and without discrimination. Why can't we do the same? I think just being out in the and making known what we want by wearing it is enough to get the companies to notice.

P.S. I hope it's fine to post a link, but here is a blog that shows how to bleach and re-dye jeans you already own. http://www.thelittlegiggler.com/2012/05 ... n.html?m=1
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Contacting the retailers

Post by knickerless »

no it is a corruption of my name. Nicholas.

Nick