New L'eggs advertising campaign

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

New L'eggs advertising campaign

Post by Brad »

I read that L'eggs is starting an advertising campaign to promote their products, after a 15 year absence. They are trying to market hosiery to a new generation of women. It's no secret that hosiery sales are way down, except for fashion tights.

I immediately noticed something interesting on their website- the words "pantyhose" and "stockings" are not used. The politically correct terms are "sheers" and "tights". This is certainly not your Mom's hosiery. If you asked 100 people "What is L'eggs known for?" probably 95 would say "pantyhose". But this word is now considered old-fashioned.

Anyway, I wish L'eggs well. Women look better in hosiery. But so do men. When will they market to us?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New L'eggs advertising campaign

Post by Ray »

Leggs noticed male interest back in the 1990s but they decided - correctly - that the Market was tiny.

I agree wholeheartedly that legwear makes legs better looking, but until there is a serious groundswell of demand for mens hosiery, it will remain a niche Market. In the meantime, it's up to us tights wearers (only that word is used in the UK) to support male hosiery retailers like Activskin, Doyeah, Cavallini etc.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New L'eggs advertising campaign

Post by skirtingtheissue »

I can still hear the song in my mind... "Our L'eggs fit your legs, they hug you, they hold you, they never let you go!
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!