Where is the best place to buy tights?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where is the best place to buy tights?

Post by STEVIE »

Actually, just bought my first pair of patterned tights last week to complete a "dress down day" outfit.
I worked on a "shades of grey" theme, all very professional and relatively "conservative".
The comments I garnered all came to my leg wear. "Funky, cool and just right" seemed to be the gist of it.
They're black/grey leopardskin pattern, and real comfortable. Marks and Spencers, so not that cheap.
As it happened, another good day at the office, productive and skirted.
Steve.
Why restict ourselves to heavy opaque legwear with a skirt? Isn't the choice the key issue?
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I've just bought a pair of Pretty Polly Fleecy opaques 200 denier, they are very nice and warm.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Tights are another planet to me. Cant imagine wearing them. Perhaps our climate is not inclement enough..
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Give them a try, man, a whole new category of pics and looks could be yours for the taking.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I can see that it's rather difficult for a resident in N.E. Scotland to concieve what sort of climate a place like Aukland has. No need for tights there...

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm: Where is the best place to buy tights :?:

:idea: Where you can find them in your size
and your wallet doesn't cry out with pain :D

:hide: :D :hide: :rofl: :hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I don't mind them; they feel nice and warm against the legs. Sometimes I go for a long skirt; other times I wear knee-length skirt (or mini) and tights. I've got a range of colours. It's nice to have the variety. But I wouldn't wear tights at all unless the weather was cold. So in principle I'm with Jack on this.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

I buy my tights at Marks and Spencer, Tesco or Primark.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I find the value range is fine, just go with the height indication on the packet as others have said. I am 5ft 8ish so they fit me great. I have plenty of the light deniers but am wearing the thicker ones at the moment for warmth. Holdups work for me as I don’t have big thighs – I can imagine that the tightness at the top could be too much otherwise. I mainly have brown or black but am flirting with other colours and patterned.

I was lucky a few years ago in that our local Wilkinsons store had a dump bin full of women’s basic black and white cotton briefs, thongs, tights, holdups and even a few corset type garments at really cheap prices. I bought loads and loads of them and am still using them now. My wife was with me and advised me on their suitability.

Sinned
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.