What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dongya

Re: What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Post by dongya »

there may be different motivations, motives, ideas, concepts, views about wearing skirts. therefore, some people may find it cool to not wear tights, others may find it hot to wear them ;-) as it has been said already, there may be some need for underwear; for instance, it may be cold. furthermore, bare legs are usually less beautiful, tights make them look smoother. or they add some pattern. there is no reason not to beautify that part of the body.
as far as i am concerned, i like both the look and the feeling of tights, therefore i am not at all unhappy with the cold time of the year when i can wear all kinds of legwear. i am aware, however, that the attention of people in the street depend almost entirely on the legwear and not so much on the kilt/skirt.
i think tights and skirts fit together. the only "problem" is the gender stereotype about "whose garment" this is ... as for skirts ...
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

dongya wrote: i think tights and skirts fit together. the only "problem" is the gender stereotype about "whose garment" this is ... as for skirts ...
It is only a problem if we allow it to be a problem. To me, it is a non-issue.
stevbo1

Post by stevbo1 »

i really don't have much hair on my legs but i do keep them hairless. in my kilt i wear socks, but i like mini skirts too ,so if it gets to cold i will buy some hoses. i wear cycling tights when i ride my bike already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Sometimes I wear tights sometimes not, just depends on the weather!!!
Usually wear 40 denier ones but I do have a pair of 200 denier ones for when it gets colder......
JohnCinskirt

Post by JohnCinskirt »

a purple and black celtic tribal tattoo on my right ankle, often wear sheer pantyhose with skirts and typically if im going to be in a skirt, im usually in 4-5 inch heels
Sam

Post by Sam »

I always wear tights with my skirts. Most of them are 40 or 50 denier and if it is a bit warmer I wear sheer tights. I like to wear them for they have cosmetic effect and they feel good. Fortunately, I have not very hairy legs so it is not a burden to wear them but a pleasure. But I can imagine why other men have other opinions.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Another thing is that some of you think that tights are only for women. I think they are not. And be aware of the fact that millions of people have similar opinions on skirts
Lawrence de Grande

Post by Lawrence de Grande »

I wear only my hair. If people don't like it, they can look away. :D
Tim Stannard

Post by Tim Stannard »

Sam wrote:Another thing is that some of you think that tights are only for women. I think they are not. And be aware of the fact that millions of people have similar opinions on skirts
If you are happy wearing a skirt, Then why not wear tights?

Actually, There are two major suppliers that I know who sell "Mens Tights". These are not womens tights sold to men.
Comfilon, in the US and Legwear 4 men in Liverpool in the UK.

Their range of tights are broad enough to please most guys.

For me, When it is warm, then I wear the same with skirts or shorts, Bare legs. When it is cold, I wear tights and often with jeans.
As most of my skirts or sarongs are knee length, I prefer the Adrian Grid tights from Legwear 4 men in the UK.
With my utilikilts which are really getting tight on the waist I used to wear short socks,
I wear sheers under jeans like long johns.
Thats me.
While I was sitting and reading,
a thought just entered my head,
If I can't wear a skirt while I'm living,
I certainly can't when I'm dead!
henri

Post by henri »

Invariably I wear classic stockings, not hold ups, with a suspender belt. For readers west of the Atlantic, Garter Belt. I have got used to wearing stockings and suspenders with my skirts, I can't cope cope with tights even though others can.
I wear light coloured stockings in summer, and darker ones in winter, black or 'barely black' i.e. dark grey. Sadly colours are no longer readily available in stockings, whereas they were in the 80s and stocking wearing lady friends could even get scarlet stockings for a sensible price. But since these are no longer made in the UK, Kirkby in Ashfield was the centre of this business with Aristoc, Pretty Polly and all those brands were made round there. (Men went down the Notts Coal mines, the women folk made stockings, there's a real division of labour for you!) In the very cold weather last February I did gravitate back to trousers, but I also had some thick stockings and the 70 denier extra tall while expensive are so comfortable to wear. And warm too. I remain amazed at how warm ordinary 15 denier stockings keep your legs. And for very cold days, some thick woolly ones. As all my skirts are at least knee length, the 'giggle gap' keeps warm too.
If you don't get on with tights, try the suspender belt option as mine came from Evans OS, I'm a big guy. Keep it plain, mine are, unless you are inclined for frillies, but I'll refrain from going any further down that more XD approach.
Keep skirted and stockinged!
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

henri wrote:Sadly colours are no longer readily available in stockings, whereas they were in the 80s and stocking wearing lady friends could even get scarlet stockings for a sensible price.
http://www.stockingshq.com/stockings-c3 ... -size-p885
http://www.stockingshq.com/stockings-c3 ... -size-p287

Haven't bought any yet, if you get some, let me know how they are, and how the sizing works out.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Hmm.. to me it doesn't get cold enough here in Auckland to tempt me to put anything over my legs in winter, besides the fact I tend to like my extremities unencumbered. As long as I've got a goodly bunch of layers on my body, and these days a nice long skirt i'm OK most days. If it's really stormy out there, I stay right in here!
If I do have to venture out in it, the Macabis are the thing. They cover my legs and getting wet does't bother them. Actually, if I'm likely to get wet at all I wear black, because those things don't change colour much when wet, so I still look "normal"!
I love a warm rainstorm in the summer in my black denim dress. Sometimes if it looks like a good big shower is coming I quickly change and rush out! I love the feeling of it wetting and beginning to cling as I walk along. The other shirt-dresses are good too. They are perhaps better for REALLY heavy rain, which tends to overwhelm the lighter light denim ones.
musa

Post by musa »

In Belgium we have cold falls and winters that's the period I wear panty's prefer black ,some call it cross dressing but I call it common sense.
arteagafalda

Post by arteagafalda »

Davy wrote:My legs are always bare. Seems kind of silly to wear a skirt and then put something on underneath it, and in the summer it is downright uncomfortable. In the winter I am more likely to wear a long skirt than a short one with some sort of tights or panty hose. I don't think regular socks look at all out of place with a skirt; afterall, I am wearing men's shoes, so men's socks seem like the logical choice. Now if I were really trying to look as much like a woman as possible (which I am not), then I suppose pantyhose would make sense. Ditto for shaving legs. Shaving legs just seems way too much bother; men who wear shorts never shave their legs so why should wearing a skirt or dress change that? The only pair of pantyhose I own is part of a halloween costume.
Hola mucho gusto; yo uso medias a la rodilla y son muy cómodas. Cuando hace mucho frió, solo uso un saco, o ( chaqueta) o unas mangas para los brazos. Estos vestidos son muy comdos y abrigados
http://twicsy.com/i/a2mYy

Ed. - A Google translation (mediocre) can be had here.
Last edited by crfriend on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add editorial comment/link to translation
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

After a roasting hot (by local standards) summer, the cool weather is back. A few poor days this week have seen my house cool down to the point where, with today being windy and rainy, I have donned tights for the first time in ages. 100 denier cotton tights were perhaps a bit OTT, and the feeling of them took a wee while to get used to again. But once they had descended slightly they felt unrestricting, soft and warm!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair