What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Post by norstdresses »

Here in Africa I wear socks when I am at work and for the other time nothing. In Germany I use to wear socks as well and when its cold, I wear long dresses and a coat to protect my shoulders. I have never worn tights or leggins under dresses and I never have cold, even in winter (Europe winter)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Tonight I am watching an old movie with my wife, as I browse the net with my Kindle Fire. I am wearing some warm black leggings, a plain gray t shirt, and some old black leg warmers, pulled over my feet for warmth, with just the tips of my toes showing. My nail color of the week? "Peach Daquiri". That's my report... and the leggings feel amazing. I sawed and split a pickup load of red oak this afternoon and now don't have the energy to make a fire. I will probably fall asleep before the film is finished.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

In warm wearer, nothing, just sandals.

In cooler whether, leggings or knee-high socks.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtilator wrote:I am quite happy with the extraordinarily longer thigh highs of sockdreams.com. They stay up with me as a tall guy of 194cm. :D
I tried a pair of these and they're great. Just the ticket for retaining some warmth in cold weather without sacrificing the freedom of going regimental. I'm 5' 11" 180 lbs and they stay up pretty well. For prolonged or vigorous wear, though, you may want to consider a garter belt.

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/sock ... thigh-high

BTW, if it matters, male garter belts are standard equipment for ice hockey players. Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Proguard-Adult-Ga ... 004C6HE66/
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Cool socks! Check out page three in the "Burning Man" series of socks for what appears to be a male shaped model in unmistakably a Utilikilt. Good show Sockdreams. I might place an order.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Taj wrote:Cool socks! Check out page three in the "Burning Man" series of socks for what appears to be a male shaped model in unmistakably a Utilikilt. Good show Sockdreams. I might place an order.
Perhaps you will come up with a new look, Taj. 8) When I have seen men in Utilikilts they have been wearing shorter ones.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Taj wrote:Cool socks! Check out page three in the "Burning Man" series of socks for what appears to be a male shaped model in unmistakably a Utilikilt. Good show Sockdreams. I might place an order.
I may be the person to blame for that one. Back in 2005, I mentioned to the founder of Sock Dreams that the next time they came up to Seattle, they might want to visit Utilikilts. Sure enough, they did. Her husband bought one and is the guy they use for the Utilikilt sock pics. I'm also partially guilty for the reason why Utilikilts carries some of the socks they do. Handed out a bunch of business cards to my coworkers when I worked there.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kilted_John wrote:I may be the person to blame for that one.
There's nothing wrong with that, and congratulations for it. It seems the relationship has been a bit of a win for all involved.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

With skirts and kilts, I'll either go bare-legged, wear sheer hose [suntan or black], or opaque tights [black, gray, dark blue, olive green, or red], depending on how I feel and what I think looks good. Quite often, if I'm going out in public, I'll take the time to 'mix-and-match' my clothes and take a look in the mirror to see if what I think looks good... actually is! :D

When I'm on stage playing with bands, I won't hesitate to wear sheer hose with my black Utilikilt! :D

--Rick
orthohawk

Post by orthohawk »

Since all the MUGs I own are either ankle length or else below the knee to mid-calf, I wear either no socks (usually with sandals) or else regular halfway-between-ankle-and-calf socks with my ankle length skirt or thobes and knee high socks with my two calf length skirts (one of which I got at Goodwill for a quarter just last week...plus it's PURPLE! SCORE!)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

orthohawk wrote:...plus it's PURPLE! SCORE!
Purple is much underused by guys and needs to be revisited. One of my favourite skirts is purple and I keep trying to find a purple waistcoat. (Unfortunately, purple waistcoats seem to sell out quickly so one need to jump on 'em before they go.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

When I'm going outside I wear small-socks and All-Stars.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

Above 0 degreesF. I wear tights (pantyhose). Below 0 cotton spandex leggings. Both with heavy kilt hose.
orthohawk

Post by orthohawk »

crfriend wrote:
orthohawk wrote:...plus it's PURPLE! SCORE!
Purple is much underused by guys and needs to be revisited. One of my favourite skirts is purple and I keep trying to find a purple waistcoat. (Unfortunately, purple waistcoats seem to sell out quickly so one need to jump on 'em before they go.)
Take a gander at http://www.thepurplestore.com/men.shtml

there are 3 plain and 2 paisley print vests/waistcoats.