What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Post by Spirou003 »

Usually I wore skirts with bare legs (except maybe socks). When I will have the opportunity to wear them again, it will probably be bare legs or only with socks most of the time, and with leggings when it's cold.
Pantyhoses provide a really nice feeling, but they are harder to put on and take off than leggings which give the same nice feeling. And I find leggings or over-the-knee socks look better than pantyhoses, especially when they give some "wool-effect". But these socks always fall, and as I'm absolutely not used to buy on Internet the only leggings/pantyhoses I tried are designed for woman, thus I missed some extra space between legs... If you know a vendor providing this space I'm interrested!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

For months with lockdown I have been bare legs and bare feet, socks to protect my feet if I have to put shoes or boots on for a significant amount of time. Getting so used to only wearing a polo shirt and a skirt.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This time o' year, Nuffin. Socks, perhaps. Other times, opaques in various thicknesses or 'deniers'. Some colours, but nothing flash.

Always tights, never stockings or hold-ups. They Always fall down. Tall thick kilt-socks with kilts, more often than not. Prefer dark there.

Hold-ups are best watched on Netflix/DVD...e.g. Bonnie & Clyde, Jessie James &c.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

Spirou003 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:42 pm Usually I wore skirts with bare legs (except maybe socks). When I will have the opportunity to wear them again, it will probably be bare legs or only with socks most of the time, and with leggings when it's cold.
Pantyhoses provide a really nice feeling, but they are harder to put on and take off than leggings which give the same nice feeling. And I find leggings or over-the-knee socks look better than pantyhoses, especially when they give some "wool-effect". But these socks always fall, and as I'm absolutely not used to buy on Internet the only leggings/pantyhoses I tried are designed for woman, thus I missed some extra space between legs... If you know a vendor providing this space I'm interrested!
Try http://www.glieberman.com/
"tights made for men"
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look on them
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I stick to tights and sheer pantyhose designed for women.

If you get the right size, they stay up just fine. Especially if you get them will control tops, they will suppress your characteristically unsightly and unmannerly male bulge. Hose with 15% or more Spandex or Elastane in the legs will provide a moderate amount of support, improve the shape of your legs and prove to be more durable, without detracting from the sheer appearance.

Finally, such hose are less expensive and more available than the ones for men. You can get them in both stores and online. For low price and top durability, try No Nonsense hose. They're available in a lot of drugstores and on the No Nonsense website.

Have fun, as my middle school teacher sister says, "No education is free."
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

The male variety often comes with a fly, which is a plus. It also means more material right there, which probably helps hide things. But primarily, it helps minimize adjustments when I need to pee.

I also figure I'm helping convince manufacturers that such things should be made. Some men won't consider wearing something exclusively female-marketed. It's like kilts and the occasional male-marketed skirt. Yes, many once they make the leap will start getting cheaper female-marketed versions, but we need the male ones to get folks onboard. Plus, if there is no demand, there will soon be no supply, and until they sell enough, they will stay a specialty item with a premium price.

I don't buy enough of such things that paying double (or more) what a cheap female pair costs is going to affect my budget significantly. If I started wearing them daily (or even weekly) I might reassess.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

For convenience you can't beat stockings rather than pantyhose in my opinion.
They end on your upper thighs... how convenient is that.
They're less hot in summer and less restrictive.

There are hold up/stay up stockings as well as suspended options.
You can get sheer stockings, patterned stockings and opaques too - and the tops can be quite neat - bold coloured such as red, a bit fem and lacey, or matt/satin to match the leg.

The only down side to a stocking is with a very short skirt - but then your only options would be sheer to waist pantyhose or go bare legs which might be easier.

I know that stockings are not marketed at males... but they are the most convenient if you want to wear hosiery.

cheers
NZF
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I must be the wrong shape! I can't even get kilt hose to stay up! That's one reason I like long skirts. less of a problem picking socks. Shorter skirts, I will mostly have bare legs. I don't do skirts shorter than knee length.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’m currently enjoying both Wolford and Cecilia de Rafael sheer tights. The former are beautifully made, with a great fit. The latter are super-shiny!

I’m doing a lot of cycling at the moment so I like the fact that the CdR tights enhance the muscles on my legs. Worn with skirts just above the knee.

It’s not really the weather for opaque tights. I’m also bare legged when the temperature hits 25c or more.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Ray wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:03 am [...] when the temperature hits 25c or more.
I remember the day that happened...
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Haha!

This year has been pretty good so far. I think we've had about eight days over 25C in the West Mids, and two over 30C.

Actually, a high humidity means that I'll be bare legged down at 20C. Tights can be wonderfully comfortable, but they can be instruments of horror when it's too warm or muggy.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

As far as legwear with skirts and/or kilts, most of the time I go bare-legged. I usually save the sheer hose and tights for when I wear shorts. When I do wear opaque tights with skirts, it's usually black tights. I've been epilating everything from the neck down for a good number of years and prefer smooth legs with skirts and kilts...

--Rick
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

In the summer months I generally prefer not to wear pantyhose. However, for the remainder of the year, I do wear tights/pantyhose, generally 80-100 denier. My ‘go to’ tights/pantyhose last winter were from Marks & Spencer which were an excellent fit and extremely comfortable.