Interesting SEIMENS ad

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ryan

Re: Interesting SEIMENS ad

Post by Ryan »

Since1982 wrote:Thanks Ryan, we'd prefer ADVERTISEMENTS we don't have to join to see anything. :faint:
You get a commission for showing that AD, Ryan? :faint:
"Since1982,"

I'm uncertain what you're talking about, but you seem to be mistaken about having to join anything, in this case, File Dropper, to see the Seimens Ad.

I just clicked on the link and I did see ads to join File Dropper. Is that not to be expected? While they do provide file sharing for free, isn't it understandable that File Dropper owners would want to generate some income to pay for their operations?

Still, the link seemed to have changed from two weeks ago when I first posted it. You now see "download file" when you arrive to File Dropper. I had to click on it twice, type in the "secret letters" twice, before the file downloaded. But I got no indication that the file downloaded. Instead, I got an offer to sign up for "free" File Dropper accounts.

When I said I got no indication that the file downloaded, I meant I didn't see a message such as "file downloaded," or a progress bar showing the download is taking place, followed by "download complete" or some such. However, since I'm using Firefox, when I clicked on the big "Firefox" button at the upper left, and looked at the "Downloads." I saw the Seimens Ad download.

So despite the several invitations to sign up for "free" File Dropper accounts, you don't have to sign up for anything to see anything at File Dropper. And, no, I get no commission for showing any AD or anything, for that matter, at File Dropper. (Maybe I should negotiate a contract with them.)

Thanks again for your reply.

I hope I was helpful.

RYAN
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

skirtingtoday wrote:I have looked several times and zoomed into it and am unconvinced that it is anything other than a woman. The fuzziness and more distant view reminds me of trying to see something that isn't there like blurry lights in the skies become UFO's or aliens landing! It comes from an a priori argument that, "I want to see something - therefore I will try and fit or bend something to "prove" the point I am trying to make." Much like Von Daniken...

At best it is inconclusive evidence.
Hi skirtingtoday,

As I am one of Ian's "clothing obsessed," I saw a freestyler in the Seimens ad. Yes, the download is fuzzy, and you can say it's "inclusive evidence."

Even so, to help you, and everyone, see this ad clearer, I suggest you increase your screen's resolution. My 17 inch HP laptop's screen is set to 1280 pixels X 800 pixels, which seems to work to see the ad. Also, what picture viewer do you use? I use the free viewer from IrFanView. If you want to try it, Google it to download it for free.

I hope I was helpful. And you might take comfort to know that Freestyler sightings are rarer than UFO or Alien sightings. But let's work to change that, shall we?

RYAN
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ryan wrote:As I am one of Ian's "clothing obsessed," I saw a freestyler in the Seimens ad. Yes, the download is fuzzy, and you can say it's "inclusive evidence."

Even so, to help you, and everyone, see this ad clearer, I suggest you increase your screen's resolution. My 17 inch HP laptop's screen is set to 1280 pixels X 800 pixels, which seems to work to see the ad. Also, what picture viewer do you use? I use the free viewer from IrFanView. If you want to try it, Google it to download it for free.
I just had a go at the image on my Toshiba at 1366 x 768, and Photoshop (with a bunch of filters to tease things out) and didn't see a bloke in a skirt or a dress. What I saw (and I will admit that my photo-interpretation skills -- especially when the prime object of interest is badly out of focus -- aren't 100%) was a teenage girl in a black dress and teeter-totter heels wearing a backpack of some sort that produced the appearance of a muscular upper body.

Gross anatomy was the first giveaway; the pencil-thin legs (albeit thrown off by focus and exposure) cannot match the mass up top -- unless we're dealing with some kind of weight-lifter. The "arm" is wrong as well. The direction of motion is clearly away from the camera based on general traffic-pattern and foot direction of the "subject of interest"; the "thumb" gives it away as if the hand was held behind the back, palm up, the thumb would be pointing towards the body not upwards and (seemingly) outwards.

Finally, and not least, this is supposed to he high school they're dealing with, and if there isn't a more conformant lot than high-schoolers I don't know what it is. Anybody who dares to be the slightet bit different usually learns about it with tauntings, at best, and beatings (or worse) at the worst. I also suspect that the shot was staged, in which case Siemens would have had editorial control (and why put in a distraction that might detract from the message); if the shoot was not staged then my commentary about adolescent conformity stands.

Sorry, I just don't see it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!