Interesting SEIMENS ad

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ryan

Interesting SEIMENS ad

Post by Ryan »

Hello all,

I haven't posted for a while, but I've maintained my interest in wearing freestyle as often as I can and enjoying it.

Anyhow, during the week of May 13 to May 19, 2012 Siemens ran an ad in several US weekly news magazines, such as TIME and This Week. The ad, titled "School buildings that make a lasting impression," focused on their "inteligent building technology" they used in Tennessee district schools. This technology is touted to "drastically" reduce COs emssions, cut energy costs by $2.9 million annually and give all the 75,000 students attending the improved buildings "a healthier, more comofortable learning enviornment."

A photo of some students near their lockers accompanied the ad and I direct you to the person standing in the background whose face is blocked by the "SIEMENS" logo. Although this person is blurry, you can see the black skirt and low heel pumps worn by this person. The skirt could also be a dress with short, cap sleeves which show the person's maninsh upper body and large mannish biceps. I am willing to wager that this person is a freestyler.

If you can find one of those weeklies from that week, that's great. But I scanned the ad as best I can and I posted it here for your viewing pleasure: http://www.filedropper.com/freestylerinsiemensad

Check it out.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting SEIMENS ad

Post by Mugs-n-such »

As far as I could figure (unless I'm doing something wrong) I can't see it without registering with filedropper.com. Sorry, Ryan.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

You mean there's really a clothing company named SEMEN??? Ooops, SEIMENS! :faint: :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

I can't see the pic either, without registering.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I had to download the pic, then view it in a photo viewer.
You have to magnify the pic several times. You can tell
that the person is male, but at that magnification it is
quite blurry.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Gregg1100 wrote:I can't see the pic either, without registering.
Gregg, and everyone who couldn't see the picture without registering.

Here's how to see the picture without registering:

When you went to File Dropper, you saw a big green "DOWNLOAD" button and clicked on it. You shouldn't have clicked on it.

Just below that button, there's a smaller "Download this file" button. You should ciick on that, instead. After you do this, you must then correctly type the characters you see. When you do this, you could either save or open the file.

You will then see the ad and the picture. When I saw it just now, I was surprised how good the scan turned out. It's almost as good as if you had it in front of you. And that apparent freestyler is blurry in the "real" ad. But if someone could provide a better scan, he can download it at File Dropper.

I think that should help you Gregg, and everyone else. Why don't you try to see the picture now?

RYAN
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

I saw the picture, but can't say I was impressed. No detail at all.
What's all the fuss about?

Martin
allen476

Post by allen476 »

The arm in question is actually blurring into the door in the back ground. I cleaned it up a little and it really is more of a female arm. The blurring actually makes the bicep look bigger when it is small. The upper body might slightly be out of proportion but again it isn't indicative. If you couple that with the more female hips and the gait the person is taking, the person is female.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Thanks Ryan, we'd prefer ADVERTISEMENTS we don't have to join to see anything. :faint:
You get a commission for showing that AD, Ryan? :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Ryan, thanks for bringing the item to our attention. Anything which encourages debate should be welcomed. Sadly I'm on the road at the moment so cannot view it, but will do on my return.

Ray
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Here you go, but I don't think it is a guy in a skirt - click on it to make it bigger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the picture Richard. From that it is quite clear that it is a guy in tan, knee length shorts. What might appear to be a skirt is in fact a bag held by the chap to his left (from our perspective). It is, however, a nice illustration of how, people see what the want or expect to see, rather than what is there and so a number of folks saw a guy in a skirt.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Milfmog wrote:Thanks for the picture Richard. From that it is quite clear that it is a guy in tan, knee length shorts. What might appear to be a skirt is in fact a bag held by the chap to his left (from our perspective). It is, however, a nice illustration of how, people see what the want or expect to see, rather than what is there and so a number of folks saw a guy in a skirt.

Have fun,

Ian.
I don't think that is the person that is being discussed. Look under the second "s" of Siemens, the out of focus person in a short black garment.
I think that person's legs look very thin and shaped very like a female, but the upper body does look bulky. It also looks like they are holding up something in front of them at chest height, maybe a book or phone.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

pleated wrote:I don't think that is the person that is being discussed. Look under the second "s" of Siemens, the out of focus person in a short black garment.
I think that person's legs look very thin and shaped very like a female, but the upper body does look bulky. It also looks like they are holding up something in front of them at chest height, maybe a book or phone.
Insufficient clarity in the picture to make a real judgement, but it looks like the shoes have heels, add in thin legs and my guess is that it is a female (The apparent bicep size seems to be an artifact of the arms being crossed). But who cares? Only clothing-obsessives will even notice that person.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I have looked several times and zoomed into it and am unconvinced that it is anything other than a woman. The fuzziness and more distant view reminds me of trying to see something that isn't there like blurry lights in the skies become UFO's or aliens landing! It comes from an a priori argument that, "I want to see something - therefore I will try and fit or bend something to "prove" the point I am trying to make." Much like Von Daniken...

At best it is inconclusive evidence.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels