Semantics and self Inhibition

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Semantics and self Inhibition

Post by SkirtedViking »

JohnH wrote:My attitude about the stupid "masculine anxiety" is "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Personally I would rather be seen in a black or other masculine-color dress or skirt than to wear a pink kilt.

Also, if a woman wears a flannel shirt along with jeans is she a transvestite? Why is it accepted for women to wear traditionally masculine clothes but if a man wears anything that is remotely feminine he is regarded as a pervert?

Why is it a man who wants to wear feminine garments has to "pass" as a woman - even to the point of talking like a woman? It's also disgusting to me how these crossdressers adopt feminine names instead of using their real masculine names.

John
Great comment,you have my support as I think the same way.I do not want to pass for a woman(do not want to be a woman,or play roles) and do not belong to the CD/TV community - just want to wear what I like without the "masculinity" frame in terms of apparel as women do not have the "feminine" frame in terms of apparel and hum let's say even hobbies.
There is nothing worse than double standard!