A Skant for the more daring of you

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Reject76

A Skant for the more daring of you

Post by Reject76 »

Found this on eBay...It's a so-called "Skant" from one of the earlier episodes in the Star Trek TNG Series:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-TNG-T ... 19ca6a782e

Not sure I'd fancy one myself for public wear (maybe with black dress trousers), but some of you more daring might be up to it...

EDIT: this was seen in TNG and not the Original Series, as it were. Apparently, it was featured on background crew (male and female) in the first and second season before it was abandoned).
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Skant for the more daring of you

Post by r.m.anderson »

Skant what is that ???

Not a kilt !
Not a skirt !
Not a skort !
Not a dress !
Not quite a combination of all of the above !

Damn NEAT design better suited to the female frame - but apparently it can be made for anyone.
Skant made in Hong Kong .....
It is a made to order for $60 with S&H of $20 - for a total $80 (patches and star trek insignia optional extra).
Surprising front closing - zipper covered with snap button panel - sure beats the hard to zip backzipper.
Due to the short hem line probably best worn with hoisery; tights; or leggings/jeggings.
The hem flares out possibly revealing some southern exposure.
Not your everyday street wear but who knows in this day and age - star date is just around the corner !

"Not-A-Kilt"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Reject76

Post by Reject76 »

Aye, I like the design in the hidden zipper with the panel. It looks a wee bit short, and I would assume that the flare wouldn't be so extravagant when made for male.

Not sure how many would recognize this as Star Trek clothing rather than just...dunno...weird clothing :)
Kiltsr4guys

Post by Kiltsr4guys »

Pair it with a pair of black pants and you might be serving tables in a restaurant chain........
r.m.anderson wrote:Skant what is that ???

Not a kilt !
Not a skirt !
Not a skort !
Not a dress !
Not quite a combination of all of the above !

Damn NEAT design better suited to the female frame - but apparently it can be made for anyone.
Skant made in Hong Kong .....
It is a made to order for $60 with S&H of $20 - for a total $80 (patches and star trek insignia optional extra).
Surprising front closing - zipper covered with snap button panel - sure beats the hard to zip backzipper.
Due to the short hem line probably best worn with hoisery; tights; or leggings/jeggings.
The hem flares out possibly revealing some southern exposure.
Not your everyday street wear but who knows in this day and age - star date is just around the corner !

"Not-A-Kilt"
rma
"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I have to confess that I rather like the look of the Skant; however, I'm not sure I'd be sufficiently self-confident to actually wear it in public.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I'm not a "trekkie" but the Star Trek franchise has 2 notable firsts.
The shared kiss between Uhura and Kirk was the first interracial smooch shown on T.V. and this, the ultimate unisex garment.
Yes, very brave, especially that kiss. There was probably a greater reaction to that than the guy wearing a "frock" in the background of a very tense action scene.
However, think "pinafore" or "jumper", I think, for our American contingent and the result is the same. The only dress I posess is a design based on a 1960s "pinafore", see pics and looks.
Steve.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Looks like a dress to me.

I think if I were to buy a dress I would simply settle on a solid color conventional dress. I do have the curves for conventional dresses to fit me.

You will see more of me on this forum. I have been an active participant of Crossdressers.com but I got so sick and tired of reading about all the insecurities of the members there. And also I really don't care for the use of female pronouns and names for the male participants there. I also don't go for the business of trying to pass as a woman in how one talks, walks, and so forth. In fact on that forum I have changed the username of JohannaH to JohnH.

Another fun forum is taaz.com where one can do virtual makeovers. There again I use my masculine name and make it plain that I am a man.

I don't think it is an abomination to wear dresses, skirts, and heels, and wear makeup with long hair. However I really think it is an abomination for men to pass themselves off as women.

Good to be back.

John