Dressing for the inevitably approaching summer

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
klaatu

Dressing for the inevitably approaching summer

Post by klaatu »

Good day all,
I am sitting here on the first day of spring. The temperature outside is 25C. Historically the temperature should be around 6C for today. It's more like midsummer than spring!!. This puts me to wondering what summer will actually be like this year. My guess..... HOT!!!!
With that in mind, it is logical to assume that air conditioners will be running from now until October. That being said it will put a huge drain on the power grid and we will likely experience brown outs which will cause our air conditioners to work less efficiently making it much less comfortable.
What does all of this have to do with freestyle fashions??? I am just hypothasizing here but it would seem logical that for comfort in warm temperatures it would be better to wear a loose fitting dress than anything else. This would allow for better ventilation around most of the entire body rather than just below the waist.
I would like some input here. In particular from those who actually wear dresses on both sides of the gender pool. Am I correct in my assumption?
Thank you in advance.
George
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Dressing for the inevitably approaching summer

Post by Since1982 »

My window A/C's, all 4 of them, run all year around except between 11pm and 4 am. I live in the Florida Keys. Hot all year long in the daytime! :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Move to Scotland. We have no need of them!

Lots of new cars have AC in them but you only need it about twice a year, even when you're shut inside a metal and glass box.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Whilst I have occasionally worn a dress it has never been out in the open, as it just doesn't have the possible acceptance which a skirt may have. BUT if you get the right one . . . . . .
Yep, I'd say that they are better for all around ventilation. :P
Davy

Post by Davy »

I also tend to wear skirts more often than dresses, but only because it is so hard to find a dress that fits right in the top (especially a short one). The few times I have worn a dress, I agree they are definitely comfortable in the hot weather.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I like to wear a floral maxi-dress when I am faced with strenuous work outside when it's hot where I will be standing most of the time. Last summer I was replacing fence posts. Picture this - a dude wearing the dress using a 1.8 m (6 ft - ugh, colonial units!) pry bar to extract fence post stumps (post rotted out) from the ground.

I like to hack off my intolerant neighbor - one time I went over and offered to help fix the fence between us - there was a rotten fence post. I was wearing conventional men's clothes and he still looked at me as if I were a child molester. Probably he heard when he was growing up the twaddle of "boys don't do that" or "boys don't wear that" and he has not learned to think as adult about matters of clothing.

But I don't wear dresses too much out in public since denim skirts do not look that much different from shorts and so are more acceptable.

John
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

dear George,
I am totally agree with you. When its hot, a dress ist perfect. You get cold breeze on the whole body.

I wear in Summer most of the time dresses.
Here some of the dresses what I use to wear on hot days
today in the morning wearing my garden and work dress.gif
my shorter summer dress.gif
today in the morning wearing my garden and work dress.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Just the time to attack the hedge and other overgrown vegitation here.
I think the unpocketed heavy denim skirt and an old t-shirt for such jobs.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Ready to go out for dinner in my new long summer skirt.
Sunday outfit for restaurant visit in my long summer skirt.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.