New Winter Look

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: New Winter Look

Post by crfriend »

Big and Bashful wrote:[...] Next two shirts, you straight cut them to make two flat panels, then sewed them together again to make a tube? Isn't that like not cutting them in the first place? I am obviously picturing different seams.
The original T-shiirts were tubular to start with, with no vertical seams, so the two that were used to make the lower portion of the "dress" had to be cut open to turn them into flat pieces (of identical dimension) which were then sewn together vertically to make a larger diameter and (I think) slightly flared "tube" for the lower portion which was then gathered and sewn onto the lower portion of the top.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Thank you sir, that makes more sense now.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
HIGHLANDER1

Post by HIGHLANDER1 »

As to the picture (something new), I like it and think that knee high boots would look better and a belt. Genders must be equal not only from women's perspective! A skirt, blouse and High heels,tailored jacket complete a nice outfit too. Here are some of 2011 styles on the runways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I like that third style, save that I'd ditch the boots in favour of regular shoes; that, however, is because I do not like boots (in fact having anything heavy or constricting on my ankles drives me bats). I'd also probably add a burst of colour at the neck, possibly with an ascot or a scarf. That is a basic design that shows promise -- I cannot tell for sure on my monitor, but it also looks like it buttons "the right way" for traditional male attire.

The second image looks very intriguing with the cut and shape of the jacket, but most of the details are lost in the deep blacks on my monitor. Like in the third one, I'd lose the boots.

I find the first one just plain silly. The clam-diggers should be left at the beach along with the altogether-flat sandals which look like they'd induce fallen arches rather quickly. The jacket has some interesting motifs on it, but doesn't look like it'd be terribly practical for anything other than show.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I think the last pic looks the best :D
I agree - Lose The Boots :!: Knee-High's with standard dress shoes would improve the look
remarkably well. The first pic looks more like a long coat than anything else.
I can't see the 2nd one to well - needs a different background. Maybe a different pose :?:

Well, that's my $.02 worth ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

First look: The cutoff leggings are stupid. The dress/coat looks nice. Do not understand gladiator sandals for anybody.

Second look: Artfully posed, but not enough detail to comment on.

Third look: LOOSE THE BOOTS. Spoiling the look of an otherwise nice garment. The ensemble looks like "Springtime in Germany for Hitler"
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

The beard, stache and close cropped hair + the outfit sans boots of the 3rd man reminds me heavily of any of several dozen men's outfits in 2009's series of "The Tudors" on I believe, the Showtime serial series regarding a young Henry VIII and his court.:D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Milfmog wrote:
Jack Williams wrote:I would say that is a very good male dress without the girly leggings.
It's OK, but I suspect it would not be very flattering to a less than perfect physique and I really don't like three quarter sleeves.

Have fun,

Ian.
Yes, three-quarter sleeves are a bit girly, but one could always roll them up.