New Winter Look

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

New Winter Look

Post by phathack »

This was on of the looks that popped up today in my online news feeds.
tt4.jpg
Change the shoes and you might have somewhat of a winter look.
I would probably opt for boots and heavy tights/leggings to keep my legs warm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MSpookshow

Re: New Winter Look

Post by MSpookshow »

Nice! I like the whole look.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Looks like a costume from Star Trek to me, One of their weird utopian planet uniforms. Not for me I'm afraid. Each to their own I suppose.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

From a personal perspective, I think that clam-diggers (aka "pedal-pushers"/"capris") look just plain stupid once one gets more than about 50 yards from the clam-bed or beach. Putting them under a skirt does not help one bit -- they still look stupid, and if anything more stupid than by themselves.

If one wants to wear a dress or skirt, do so. If one wants to wear trousers -- even naff ones like clam-diggers -- do so. Wearing both cheapens both (if it's possible to cheapen 3/4-length pants).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

When girls aren't in jeans with a short skirt over them, they're wearing leggings like these, sort of sawn off, again with a sort of short dress or skirt overthem.
This looks far too female, and the unbroken black lends a sinister goth- like quality.

These's no accounting for taste, but not for me.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:This looks far too female, and the unbroken black lends a sinister goth- like quality.
On "goth", I offer this: The Sartorialist's "Goth Goddess". Select the image for a larger view -- this photographer has a very good eye! The "goth look" can be done, and done very well and in a non-threatening way.

I rather like the very elegant looks that well-done "goths" can muster. It doesn't have to be sinister at all. In point of fact, I got some of the inspiration for my very long looks from goth-related stuff.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

How come all the male models in skirts look ashamed to be in those kinds lf clothes?? Is their face broke? Did they forget how to smile?? :faint:

Looking beyond the lack of a smile.....If you're wearing pants, you're wearing pants. And he is. :blue:
Last edited by Since1982 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

I personally am not into anything that look androgynous and I think this can be border line, maybe if they used a model that had some build it would have been better, but on the positive, I support and love to see anything that helps brake down the resistance against men in skirt (and dresses). Its about time the stigma of men in skirt is removed like it has been with women in pants.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Skip:
How come all the male models in skirts look ashamed to be in those kinds lf clothes?? Is their face broke? Did they forget how to smile??

Well Skip that is the routine/regimen/practice of the Fashion Runway - even the females do not smile.
It is get your non-expression almost faceless body out there and strut your stuff to the end of the runway and then strut back to take on
another look. I would suppose that if the model smiled it might be a career ending strut. The only place for smiles and smiling is the
beauty contest events; i.e. Miss America for one. The opposite is true here - put a mannequin face and you are definitely not going to
pass muster by the judges.
So smile on the fashion runway and it looks like you are enjoying the modeling job - you are Donald Trump material "You are Fired!"
The interest is supposed to be in the clothing being modeled and not the model.

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Ok...but if they smiled, it might be taken that they are enjoying those clothes and..IF the spectators tried wearing them, THEY might enjoy those clothes too. :alien: :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

I would say that is a very good male dress without the girly leggings.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jack Williams wrote:I would say that is a very good male dress without the girly leggings.
It's OK, but I suspect it would not be very flattering to a less than perfect physique and I really don't like three quarter sleeves.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:I suspect it would not be very flattering to a less than perfect physique and I really don't like three quarter sleeves.
The dress itself is actually rather close to my "little white dress" that Sapphire made as an experiment for herself that failed for her but worked for me. The 3/4 length sleeves in this case look odd, but that may be because they're so form-fitting; fuller ones can look pretty good, and there's always the option of rolling them up.

It's the clam-diggers and boots that spoil the look for me.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

I just around to reading some comments about Carl's "little white dress" and thought I would share the construction of it.

The "dress" is made out of three t-shirts. It was originally intended as a winter slip for me, hence the lack of pockets. The top of the "dress is a t-shirt cut at the lower hemline to form a drop waist. Two t-shirts of a larger size were cut off at just under the sleeves. Straight cut across. Then the two were cut to restructure the tube of the t-shirt into two flat pieces. The two flat pieces are sewn together into a big tube. Then the big tube was gathered around the top and sewn into place.

It reads sort of complicated but it really isn't. There are only three seams to sew.

The plan can be altered to include pockets that could be made from the cut off sleeves from the t-shirts chopped off from the t-shirts used to make the skirt.

This could also be made into a winter "dress" by using sweatshirts. It could be make longer by making a second tier from t-shirts/sweatshirts three sizes larger and chopped and assembled in a manner similar to the original skirt.

BTW,When I tried this experiment my sewing machine was not accessible, so the whole thing was sewn by hand.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Sorry, I must be missing something,
Top bit, no problem.
Next two shirts, you straight cut them to make two flat panels, then sewed them together again to make a tube? Isn't that like not cutting them in the first place? I am obviously picturing different seams.
Could you expand, expound and exposit please?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!