His Black Dress - a freestyle fashion blog

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
MSpookshow

His Black Dress - a freestyle fashion blog

Post by MSpookshow »

I've recently started a blog about freestyle fashion, and wanted to share the link here. My goal with the blog is to try to promote freedom of expression in fashion for men, be it wearing skirts, dresses, heels, or all of the above. I hope that some people around this forum will find my blog interesting. I know I've always found personal accounts and such inspiring, and they really helped me to embrace my style, so this is my attempt to pay it forward in that regard.

You can read my blog here: http://hisblackdress.wordpress.com/

Feel free to post any comments on this thread if you don't want to comment on the blog itself.

Until Midnight,

Michael Spookshow
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: His Black Dress - a freestyle fashion blog

Post by Jack Williams »

Hi Michael, got a comment up on the blog OK but couldn't go "like" because Wordpress wouldn't put up with my "Jack Williams" user-name, which seems be OK everywhere else! Anyway take this as a "like"!
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

I too have a black dress. This one is velvet with a satin lining. very comfortable. I almost hate to take it off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MSpookshow

Post by MSpookshow »

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted here. Actually, it's been so long that my blog address changed, ha! You can now find my blog at http://www.hisblackdress.blogspot.com.

On that note, I'd like to also give a quick update on what's going on with the blog.

This February I'll be packing away all my pants & shorts and wearing nothing but skirts & dresses for the entire month. I know there are members here who already wear skirted garments year-round, so maybe it isn't that special, but, well, I'm blogging about it and trying to raise some awareness for men in skirts. I hope that some of you will enjoy following this event, and if you do please feel free to comment on the blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts, good, bad, or indifferent.

Here's a link to the announcement post for this event: http://hisblackdress.blogspot.com/20...n-freedom.html
MSpookshow

Post by MSpookshow »

Hey, everyone!

So I've been trying to dedicate more time to the blog, and keep content coming regularly. I'm a bit disappointed that there are so many views and so little replies here. I'd like to know what you guys want to see on a blog about guys in skirts! Overall, the goal is just to get a presence out there on the interwebz and try to gain some attention to fashion freedom for men. We've been disregarded clothing-wise for long enough now, and I really think that the younger generation is ready for some change in fashion. I hope to show people that it's okay to be different, to be yourself, and that it's important to have the courage to do so!

http://www.hisblackdress.blogspot.com

What sorts of topics do you guys think would be helpful to that end?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Michael,

From my perspective, your experiences of wearing are useful, as is your insight into the way that fashion freedom makes you feel, changes/has changed you, and your take on where you draw the line on clothing. The last point is pertinent as that line differs for all of us.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ray
MSpookshow

Post by MSpookshow »

Thanks for the feedback, Ray! I appreciate it!
Ray wrote:... and your take on where you draw the line on clothing. The last point is pertinent as that line differs for all of us.
Totally agree! I think my line is a bit further than most, but that's okay. What I hope that people will take away from my blog / videos, is that each of us deserve the right to be ourselves, especially when it comes to something like clothing. The fact is that I'm still the same person, regardless what I happen to be wearing. I guess what I'm hoping to work towards is a time where we aren't so quick to judge based on appearances, because those differences in appearance are part of what makes life so interesting!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I agree, and that's why I find your approach so refreshing.

There is no doubt that in clothing terms, you reach further and deeper into the "other side" 's wardrobe than many, but I like the fact that you do so while incontrovertibly remaining male in presentation and demeanour. In some ways it would be interesting to see two parallel clips; one of you in a dress and the other one with you in a suit, trousers, tie and all. Would there be a discernible difference in how you come across? I'm thinking here of mood, body language etc.

I am sure you attain a huge degree of self awareness in what you do, and also a high level of self fulfilment. Being oneself is liberating, and while it may unsettle some, that's their issue, not yours and one that I am sure you are willing to help them with.

I've not often worn a skirt out and about but I have worn simple grey kilt frequently, with either kilt socks or with shiny sheer flesh hosiery. The word liberating again springs to mind and I'm talking of the mind here and not the body.