Switcheroo: An interesting picture set.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Kiltsr4guys

Re: Switcheroo: An interesting picture set.

Post by Kiltsr4guys »

The one I found odd was sara & julia....just two gals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

MSpookshow wrote:I stumbled upon this set of pictures yesterday while looking for other freestylers. It was just too interesting to me not to post.

http://sincerelyhana.com/projects/switcheroo/

I find it fascinating that the women in all of the pictures seem to look natural no matter which outfit they are wearing, yet a lot of the men look ... out of place in the switched outfits. I'm not sure if that's a product of bad fashion, or a lifetime of conditioning to see it as aberrant. It makes me wonder if I actually see my own styles clearly.
Probably conditioning - some of the skirts look plausible on men. But with a rigid dress code....
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I reckon the fact that most of the men are much bigger than the women has a lot to do with it, a costume far too short isn't going to help a man with the normal trouser hang-ups relax, take away his trousers and give him a dress designed for a women 18 inches shorter and expect him to feel comfortable? I think that's asking a lot! Some of the guys seemed to be fairly relaxed.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Big and Bashful wrote:I reckon the fact that most of the men are much bigger than the women has a lot to do with it, a costume far too short isn't going to help a man with the normal trouser hang-ups relax, take away his trousers and give him a dress designed for a women 18 inches shorter and expect him to feel comfortable? I think that's asking a lot! Some of the guys seemed to be fairly relaxed.
Indeed. You wonder how some of them fitted into the women's clothes at all.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i cannot access them pics. but for me.....i enjoy dressing feminine and like lloking at pictures of guys dressed up feminine. some look good dressed and some do not. i think alot of it is the modern perception that guys cannot wear that. which is bs. women can wear whatever they want.but even me....i look at some pictures and think to myself that doesn't look right. i guess it boils down to some can pull off pink shirts and some can't
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

The URL of Hana Pesut's blog has changed.
Here's the link to her Tumblr blog:
http://sincerelyhana.com

You'll need to scroll down for the scattered Switcheroo photos and also click on 'older' posts at the bottom of each page.
Hana has also collated many of her Switcheroo photos into a book which is for sale, so I guess that some of the older photos are no longer available for free.

I always like the Switcheroo photos - they are a really interesting exercise and challenge in how we perceive gender norms.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

You can also use the WABAC machine (that is to say, the internet archive) to find the original version of the collection:
http://web.archive.org/web/201201042345 ... switcheroo
Ralph!