HOW MANY SKIRTS DO YOU OWN?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: HOW MANY SKIRTS DO YOU OWN?

Post by couyalair »

Variety over mere qualntity, yes.
But the most important thing is not how many, but how often they worn around the town, no?
Only one or two, the shortest and flimsiest of my collection, have not been beyond my front door; the rest, one at a time, go wherever I go.
Martin
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

couyalair wrote:But the most important thing is not how many, but how often they worn around the town, no?
Only one or two, the shortest and flimsiest of my collection, have not been beyond my front door; the rest, one at a time, go wherever I go.
I'm precisely the same way. All of my skirts have seen active mileage out and about, although, like you, I tend not to wear the very shortest of them out very often. But, other than that, I'm to be found wearing a skirt around town, and at work, vastly more often that I am to be found wearing trousers.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
vital99

Post by vital99 »

I own four skirts at present,and thought that was a lot, but not many compared to others in here.

Looks like I need more for my limited wardrobe. :roll:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

In 2011 when this thread started this was my answer>>
About 15 various style skirts, plus 3 nightshirts, 2 jumpers and 1 each of khaki gray, khaki brown and denim shorts. No long pants at all.
I've added about 22 more of various types since then. Probably will continue to buy more until they shovel me into the dirt. I'll be 71 on the 1st of November. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

I looked back through this thread and see I haven't replied earlier so went and looked through and AAAAAAAAgh maybe I'd better back off for a bit. Even though I have sent a good few to the charity shops i still have 24 short, 25 long 2 mid length, 2 kilts. Sarongs and surfkilts---I'll leave that drawer tightly shut==I also have 3 dresses that I haven't worn outside the privacy of the house--One jumper dress that resembles a sleeveless cassock and two overall dresses AKA skirtalls. That's more than enough to be going on with :roll:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Sarongman, haven't seen a skirted pic o' yer yet!

Lost count of my skirts I think. Just ordered a nylon travel skirt from "Kathmandu" outdoor supplies outfit today. It looks "manly" in the catalogue methinks, and has pockets. I've decided to resist further skirts unless they have pockets.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Enough plus one, that's plenty to be going on with.
Personally, I only wear one at a time, so more is a waste.
Steve.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Here's the Kathmandu one:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Post by knickerless »

To honest I have dozens and dozens - I have lost count.

Nick
Zappinjack

Post by Zappinjack »

5 x Wool Kilts
10 x Cotton Kilts of various brands
4 x Polyester Amerikilts i wear daily
9 x skorts
1 x very short denim mini skirt
6 x A-line skirts
2 x ankle length skirts
4 x 16" mini skirts
3 x knee length pleated skirts
2 x home converted short to skirt

and a partridge in a pear tree.e.e.e. . . Oh, Sorry. . . .

I've gone nuts lately buying skirts and such. We have some stores closing out to convert to Target Stores and I have found some great deals. I have discovered you can shop for anything and nobody cares.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Technically, I own 4.

1. Elkommando Kilt from Mountain Hardwear
1. Trinity Business kilt in black
1. A-Line wool-blend skirt (incoming)
1. Pleated skirt from Midas Clothing (incoming)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Counting skorts and field hockey kilts and a skirted bikini bottom, I think I own around 23, but I have some new ones on order.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

When we moved house recently, Carole unpacked the bedroom stuff while I was sorting out the kitchen and various issues with the electric and gas supplies. When she finished I was asked "Why have you go so many skirts? There are 18 of them." (Actually she had missed a few that were still waiting to be unpacked, my total is currently 25 after I culled a few before the move). My reply was to take her gently by the hand and count the skirts on her rail, followed by the dresses, shorts and trousers... Let's just say that we use the second bedroom as a walk in clothes cupboard and very little of it is mine. I've not had any further comment about number of skirts :D

Have fun,

Ian
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ian,

I do envy your relationship with your goodly wifey vis-a-vis skirts. I married a control freak who will summarily jettison anything unbifurcated that is not hers, so consequently my 'stock' of skirts &c. is paltry indeed and stored at my workplace. :blue:

I hope you are settling well into your new Manor. I suppose you haven't yet gotten round to hiring that undergardener?

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Kirbstone wrote:I hope you are settling well into your new Manor. I suppose you haven't yet gotten round to hiring that undergardener?
I think I need a JCB before I need a gardener and possibly an electrician before that. I still have one light that can only be turned on and off by fitting or removing the bulb and several switches that I have yet to discover what they are supposed to do.

Ah the joys of living in a house that was let out for years before we bought it; limited maintenance and no hand over from the previous owners (now living somewhere near Carl). At least the poor maintenance meant we could afford to buy the house; had it been immaculate it would have been at least £60,000 out of our price range.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce