Knees are Ugly!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Knees are Ugly!

Post by Big and Bashful »

You might not like knees, but you would look kind of silly without them!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Big and Bashful wrote:You might not like knees, but you would look kind of silly without them!
I don't know what to say, I'm stumped :lol:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

No one would look bad without knees, we'd just have to get used to walking or running with pipestem legs. Sort of a stilted robotic up and down shantering along look. Given a choice, I'll prefer the knees, thank you very much. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:Given a choice, I'll prefer the knees, thank you very much. :D :D
Even in if they're wrinkly?

But, for gods' sake, cover those feet!

:cyclops:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Cover those feet!
For sure! I hate it when I'm trying to sleep and my feet stick out from under the blankets. :lol:
Who'd have thought we'd get so many posts under "Knees Are Ugly"?
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

How about one long leg? with a squeaky castor at the end? Now THAT would justify an unbiforcated garment!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

How about one long leg? with a squeaky castor at the end?
How about with a strong stainless steel spring at the end..? BOING BOING BOING
even if they're ugly?
I'm too fat to have ugly knees...no wrinkles.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jayce

Post by Jayce »

Mugs-n-such wrote:To me (as someone else said) this seems all so subjective.....Some people love lima beans, some people hate 'em (me). Some people love apple pie (me) some people hate it..wait... SOME PEOPLE HATE APPLE PIE??!!"*
All perception is subjective; knees are no exception. I personally like knees - mine and those of others. I feel the freedom of movement allowed by Kilts / Skirts surpasses "the look." Jayce
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Jayce wrote:
Mugs-n-such wrote:To me (as someone else said) this seems all so subjective.....Some people love lima beans, some people hate 'em (me). Some people love apple pie (me) some people hate it..wait... SOME PEOPLE HATE APPLE PIE??!!"*
All perception is subjective; knees are no exception. I personally like knees - mine and those of others. I feel the freedom of movement allowed by Kilts / Skirts surpasses "the look." Jayce
"All perception is subjective"...no truer words were ever spoken. *still gagging at the thought of people liking lima beans* :lol: :lol:
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Well, I just checked under dress for a look at one of my knees. Don't think they are much uglier than the rest of me!
Sorry Carl, I like bare feet and wear them often! At a Christmas party on Saturday, all left footwear outside and bare feet were it. Good for dancing on the carpet. Couldn't see much of my legs as Macabe covered. Feet there though for all to see.
Knees or not, I much prefer skirts below the knee. But I've obviously no fashion sense either. But maybe I am therefore "cutting edge"!
Jack.
Northwesterner

Post by Northwesterner »

Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

You know what they say, opinions are like noses, everyone has one, and I don't know why, but I've always thought men look better in skirts that are at least knee length, and usually given my druthers, I'd druther wear one that was mid-calf or even preferably ankle length. But hey, that's just me. I guess this is more for a hem length thread than a knee thread, but since the subject came up (sort of) I thought I'd snatch the chance to let my mouth prance and dance...ho ho ho. Well, Jack, in that case I'd say I have no fashion sense either...thank goodness!
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

Being a new guy to this world - and quite enjoying it - I thought I'd add my tuppence (English version of 2 cents) worth.

Never really thought much about the ugliness of knees but I suppose you could draw little faces on them so they changed expression whenever you sat, stood or walked. I think, on the basis of reflections while reading everyone elses posts, & a quick look under my skirt, that I quite like my knees. Based on that, I can't really moan about the adventures & misfortunes that have befallen someone elses knees. Like the rest of me, my knees carry some of my personal history; childhood scars from falling out of trees etc. However, I do agree, based on recent experience, that knees are a sw*ne to shave; odd contours, scars & hard bits of skin all getting in the way. The longer it went on, the more I thought about making a really small flamethrower for the hairs that just seemed to pop up after every stroke of the razor shouting, 'Ha! Missed me again!' Thankfully I am a patient man & I won!

Never having shaved below the chin before - save for heart surgery in March 2010 - I was amazed at the amount of hair that came off a pair of legs I had never perceived as hairy - cushion stuffing quantities - pleasantly surprised I hadn't blocked the drains.

Feet! I am a fan of bare feet & in the warm part of the year I will go barefoot as much as I can - mind you as the years advance I've noticed my toes are becoming more Hobbit like. Letting fresh air blow round my feet is so, so much nicer than shoving them in a pair of socks - sounds a bit like the skirt vs trousers debate.

One thing I have enjoyed about this debate has been people's willingness to air their foibles re knees, knuckles, feet & elbows. The only body bits that I find it difficult not to stare at are hairy ears & noses - one of the bugbears of passing 40 was the sudden sprouting & needful trimming & plucking of eyebrows, nose & ear hair - I live in mild dread of the day I find a hair growing on the outside of my nose, then I will start to believe old age is creeping up on me!
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Gmerc wrote: The only body bits that I find it difficult not to stare at are hairy ears & noses - one of the bugbears of passing 40 was the sudden sprouting & needful trimming & plucking of eyebrows, nose & ear hair - I live in mild dread of the day I find a hair growing on the outside of my nose, then I will start to believe old age is creeping up on me!
Oh heavens, I lost a good portion of the hair on the top of my head when still in my 20's and early 30's (late 50's now).
As a cruel joke, I didn't loose the hair in (and sometimes on) my nose, the top and inside of my ears or the dread monobrow. I now have the brows professionally waxed into shape, pluck the nose as necessary and shave and scissor at the ear hair. I'm seriously considering electrolysis for the ear hair. :roll:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

Continuing the extra hair debate for a moment. My family doesn't do male pattern baldness so in my mid 50's I've still got a full head of hair which I wear fairly long - plus the other bits that have sprouted in the last 15 years. The new ones are tough little beggars & put a great strain on my tweezers (& my ears & nose!) But it's that or look like a goblin - I'll take the tweezers.

I think the strangest thing about it all has been the need to use industrial strength hair gel to keep my eyebrows, of which I have two, in place. If only knees were so easy to sort!

Graham