Shoes this year??????????????????

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Shoes this year??????????????????

Post by DALederle »

Women's fashions change each year. It's an international law, I think. (LOL)
But has anyone noticed the new shoes that are being pushed for women this year? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to be catty, (or maybe just to be catty?) they are ugly. Not just boots. But boots with parts cut out. Peak-a-boo boots? Huh!
Okay, not being able to fit into, or wear, most women's shoes, or fashions either, maybe I don't get it. Just maybe? But how does anyone go on year after year rushing out to buy all new stuff each time some fashion designer, living in one level of hell or the other, puts out "new" and everyone buys it.
I just don't get it.
But I suppect I don't get it because I've been so left out of the loop about fashions.
I'm just not interested in what I can't have or can't wear.

Dennis A. Lederle

:?:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Shoes this year??????????????????

Post by Kirbstone »

Dale,
From what you posted on another thread here, what you need is Gym shoes or trainers, which are unisex and don't change with fashion, just develop gradually with science. Good modern ones are very kind to your feet. Forget high heels and open toes !
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

Interesting how only traditionally male fashion items are considered unisex these days.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Dennis said: But how does anyone go on year after year rushing out to buy all new stuff each time some fashion designer, living in one level of hell or the other, puts out "new" and everyone buys it.
It's called ADDICTION. And having more money than brains.

Similar to me and my 37 skirts, 2 pair of denim trousers, to stay my only pairs of trousers.In case I plan going somewhere they insist and I really want to go. 2 pair of cargo shorts, 1 khaki and 1 denim, (soon to be converted to skirts) etc.

Of course, my skirts don't have the ability to cause pain, unlike the shoes Dennis speaks of.
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Since1982 wrote:
Dennis said: But how does anyone go on year after year rushing out to buy all new stuff each time some fashion designer, living in one level of hell or the other, puts out "new" and everyone buys it.
Since1982 wrote:It's called ADDICTION. And having more money than brains.
Yes... it's called 'Having more dollars than sense!'

--Rick
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

SkirtedViking wrote:Interesting how only traditionally male fashion items are considered unisex these days.
I had never thought about that, but that is interesting, isn't it? Having said that, I know I'd never be interested in wearing a tutu. I'm wondering though, has anyone else ever thought the Greek fustanella vaguely resembles a tutu? :D :o
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

DALederle wrote:Women's fashions change each year. It's an international law, I think. (LOL)
Ever try to get rid of old women's clothes? You almost cannot give them away.

I had the bright idea of trying to sell clothes my ex-wife left me at consignment shops. Bad idea.
1. There are very few consignment shops.
2. Those that exist are very fussy in what they take - only the latest fashions.

As far as pants and for the most part, shirts are concerned, I want only those that are marketed to men. I am not interested in women's pants and shorts. Unfortunately most of the bottoms are women's pants and shorts.

I was able to pull quite a few dresses, a few skirts, and 2 pairs of heels out that I'm interested in. Everything else was a loss as far as I'm concerned. My current wife is not interested in the vast majority of the clothing - very few of the garments fit her.

If I wanted to buy heels I would buy only the classic styles and not the latest fad - such as a pair of black pumps with 3 to 4 inch heel and closed rounded toe.

John
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Recently, I bought a pair of navy blue pumps. Very traditionally styled, with a little bit of decorative deatil. They have an 1.5 inch heel. They are not pinchy and are very nicely put together.

A couple of weeks ago, we went out to dinner and on our way back into the house, I stepped on something that destablized my foot and over I went, gratefully into something soft. I did however, break the cuboid bone in my left foot. Not a whole lot that can be done about that, but I'm getting frustrated with the limitations that a broken foor entails.

Not too crazy about "dress" shoes.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ouch! Sorry to learn of your injury Diana, hope it is not hurting or cramping your style too much.

Guess it's a good reason to put your feet up and let Carl pamper you a little, let's face it, the recent software upgrade took so little time I'm sure he has hours available to be at your beck and call :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I'm sorry too, Sapphire, and may you heal quickly. Please, please, please, may you heal quickly.
(Not too bad of a post for someone who's slightly under the influence, eh? I'm not driving, I'm not driving!)
P.S.: It's not that I'm TRYING to be under the influence, but I did feel a need to drink some wine for medicinal reasons. Honestly!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Thanks Guys.
It hurt a lot at first, now its an annoyance. The real annoyance is that it just drains so much energy. That and with the shortening of days, I'm going into hibernation mode.
-------Lazarus Long
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

Sapphire:
I'm going to say something stupid here. But here goes anyway!
I love high heels and always have. If I could I'd be wearing them all the time!
But, with that said, I also think they are The Dumbest Idea in women's fashion! No one should buy them or wear them at any time. They are dangerous! How women get around in the new 3-5 inch heels is beyond me. When I learned to walk in them as a boy, under my mother's training, high heels were 1-2 inches, tops. What is being worn today by the women in public is beyond me.
Come on people. Would a female dectective really prance around in four inch heels while on the job, when she might have to run after a perp? The is, of course a maybe, because I don't know for sure. But, boy, do I doubt it!
I'm sorry you're injured and hope you remain cautious and get over your injury. Foot and ankle problems can take a long time to heal.
Get well soon!

Dennis A. Lederle
:)
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

When I worked in business, I wore high heels. Now my focus is different and I wear them ocassionally. I've always had foot and ankle problems so it is a relief to mostly be away from the push to wear HHs, especially since I'm so adept at falling off them <g>

It would be interesting to see what Clinton and Stacey would do with me on "What not to Wear" :lol:
-------Lazarus Long