Reversal of Pythos!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Reversal of Pythos!

Post by crfriend »

DALederle wrote:Eric, my step-son, is a well intentioned person but just set in ultra manly ways. He's never said anything to his mother or I so I may be mis-interpeting what I perceive as his actions. [...]

[H]e is [also] a contributor to our household. [...]

I feel it would be an ungrateful act on my part to argue with him right now!
Arguing with him likely would not "do the trick" as it's perceived as "unmanly" to lose an argument. Instead, I'd posit that gentle nudges toward acceptance and understanding may be the order of the day. He'll not likely "get it" quickly, but you may be able to plant the seeds that'll germinate later on.

The whole crossdressing thing from earlier on may prove a bit of a barrier, but if pushed, I'd merely suggest mentioning the comfort that skirts offer and if he pushes back, you might suggest that he give it a go; light skirts are more comfortable than a towel-wrap following a shower, and that's something he's likely familiar with. In short, lead; don't follow, or, worse (when it comes to the "masculine mind"), compel -- seduce instead.
Unlike the other children, who we gave shelter to as adults, Eric actually pays monthly room and board as well as doing the chores I cited.
It sounds like he's a pretty decent chap. Have a few beers with him, if he's worried about things just explain your rationale. He'll either come 'round or not, and if he doesn't the adult thing to do is for the two of you to "agree to disagree" on the matter.

Good luck.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Reversal of Pythos!

Post by DALederle »

Now I have a reversal of a reversal to report on.
My step-son has left our house!
It's for the next year. Because he's going to Afghanistan as a contractor for a year.
So I have the next 365 days to once again make myself accept my love of wearing skirts.
Yes, I said "Make myself" accept my own desires.
I think how we view and accept ourselves is at the heart of what holds back most MIS-MIK and keeps us from getting to a place of complete freedom in our personal life styles.
For me, most of my life, it's been an intense form of self imposed paranoia that holds me back. The old "what will the neighbors think" kind of irrational fear that the nation went through in the 1950s. Which is when I grew up. So maybe, being able to wander around the house during the day in any form of skirt I want to wear may let me get used to not being worried anymore about what other people think.
Then when my stap-son comes back (and we are both preying for his safe return) maybe I'll have accepted my inner self and will remain skirted.

Dennis A. Lederle

:)