The Extreme!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

The Extreme!

Post by DALederle »

Okay! What's the mot extreme thing that you've done in a skirt or kilt?
For me it was showng up for Jury Duty in a skirt. But that wasn't physically extreme. Just very emotionally risky.
But how about the physically able people on here. What have you done?
A long distance bike ride? Bungee jumping? Sky diving? Mountain climbing? Off roading?
Was there a physical risk or just an emotional risk?
What have we done in our kilts or skirts?
DALederle
:?:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: The Extreme!

Post by Since1982 »

I showed up for jury duty back in 2007 in a skirt and the judge told me to either get a pair of pants on or be held in contempt of court. By the time I drove all the way home (20 miles each way) and back wearing a holy oldy of a pair of denim shorts, the jury selection was nearly over. She sternly reprimanded me and asked me why I'd worn those raggy ratty looking shorts instead of a "nice pair of pants"? I looked at her and said: I'm sorry Judge but these shorts are the only bifurcated garment I own. All my other below the waist garments are unbifurcated..she asked what "bifurcated" meant. I gave her the "2 holes for 2 legs and 1 hole for 2 legs speech", and asked her what she wore under her Judges robe. Her answer just floored me..."whatever I want to".....

She permanently excused me from any future jury service. The last thing I said to her was ...But Judge, what if I want to serve?? "Find some black trousers"she said. I made such a big stink in Key West about her, last year she was voted out of office. After all, that IS discrimination, no?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

Skip:
When I went to jury duty in a skirt, a below the knee, black ribbed, slim skirt, with blackthigh-highs and a black half-slip, I had called the courthouse ahead of time and found out there were no restrictions or dress codes. Looking back I wouldn't do the same way again because it too "fem" an ensemble. But no one said a word to me the whole day. The one thing I did notice was that I was kept there pending a long jury selection. I have the sneaking suspicion that they kept me waiting around to make sure that I was there as long as possible.
My number was never called and I went home that night with no problem.
But I have never been called back to jury duty since then.
?????????????????????
But I hope others will post to this meassage too.
I didn't mean to make it about jury duty. Just about daring things done in a skirt or kilt.
Anyone ski-jumped on a skirt? Hang-glided?
DALederle
:lol:
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I admit I haven't done much very daring. Just to try and put a little life into this thread, so far about the most daring thing I've done is go to a (real) coffee shop and into some restaurants (KFC, Spangles, Nu-Way) in a skirt. I haven't even gone to an ATM yet in a skirt, but I'm thinking about it...wow, so daring am I, huh?
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

The most daring thing I have ever done in my life is to walk out of the house with a skirt on -- the first time.

I had to coax myself to the car and reasoned, well, "I can just sit in the car, I don't have to go anywhere". Once that worked, it was "I can just drive around, I don't have to get out". Found myself driving into the nearby mall and my hoped for destination, a Borders Bookstore. Well, I got out of the car and walked in and attempted to locate the books I was interested in. My mind was on overdrive the entire time, I was hard to concentrate, but I did manage myself well enough and found the item I was looking for.

After that it was much easier and today, I walk in to places without much worry at all, in fact, I often forget I am even wearing a skirt.

Thus, for me, the first time was the most EXTREME!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I think that John's story is going to be pretty much the same for most of us. I know my first step outside in 2005 skirted since I was 13 was an experience in imagined but not experienced terror. Ducking between cars and furtively slipping in the back door of the local 7-11 convenience store to buy a Frosty and being confronted with 2 huge commercial fishers that I'd known for 10 years, but immediately calmed by one who said, "Nice denim skirt, Skip, I bought a denim one to try but seeing you in one has convinced me to give it a go!" I smiled so wide my face almost broke. I stayed out for an hour in public.
The next day I tried it in daylight and the rest is history! :D :D

My biggest supporters are all women. At Bingo in the Winter, if I show up NOT wearing a skirt I get a chorus of "Hey Skip, where's your skirt??" from most of the female contingent, and a lot of abashed sidelong looks from the few husbands that were dragged to Bingo by their bosses. hehe :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

DALederle wrote:Okay! What's the mot extreme thing that you've done in a skirt or kilt?
What counts as "extreme"?

Bike riding in a skirt?

Climbing a mountain in a skirt?

A multi-hour train ride in a skirt?

Going into the men's room in a rest stop along route I-95 in a skirt?

None of these seem especially "extreme" to me.

The "extreme" stuff -- bungee-jumping, Sumo wrestling, going over Niagra Falls -- I haven't done at all, let alone in a skirt.

Although I will confess, I haven't gone skiing or ice skating in a skirt.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

AMM,
Perhaps not "extreme", but certainly pushing the boundary! I remember your mountain climbing photos!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I can fully understand Mr. Miller's assertion that the most "extreme" thing he's ever done in a skirt is walk out the front door in one, my big moment was when I first wore one to work in an "on-the-clock" setting.

I'd gone into work on a few occasions on weekends (when things had gone horribly wrong and my talents were quite handy), but never even contemplated the notion for weekday wear until last year when it was announced that the A/C would be turned down (i.e. temperatures raised) as an energy-saving measure. This, mercifully, followed a reorganisation that freed me from my prior boss and my performance had "improved" to the point where I was actually confident. I telegraphed the threat, and then made good on it for a few 90+ degree (F) days.

Day one was terrible -- at least in my mind. There was a bit of a stink, mainly from those who thought they saw more than they did (or could), a couple of calls to Personnel (perhaps the only one-word oxymoron in the English language), and a talking to by my boss -- all of which eventually blew over. I have persevered since, and typically wear skirts two of three days a week.

So, if wearing a skirt to a place where one makes his living counts as "extreme", I can honestly say that I've "been there and done that".

Amazingly, my skirt-wearing is now accepted, and I've done presentations and other very visible things so attired. There has been no further fallout.

"Skirt on!"
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
boca

Post by boca »

Crashing a bicycle, in a skirt... on a curb, at a busy intersection :lol:

I was bicycling in a skirt (nothing showing) and came to an intersection which happened to have no curb ramp (why!?!). I figured....its a small curb anyways, I can just jump it. Well, I must have overestimated the jump and ended up doing a full spread eagle on the curb, to the gawking view of many of the cars!

Fortunately I only came away with a bruised palm, nothing too bad miraculously.

Extreme? Yep, but not in a way I would've chosen!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I've gone to stores, restaurants, ATMs, etc. wearing skirts and kilts [mosting kilts] and sometimes wearing hose or tights [depending on how I feel at the time], and have never had any negative comments. Quite a few looks and second glances but that's about it.

As far as extreme stuff wearing a skirt or kilt... I've thought about riding my bicycle or motorcycle wearing a MUG but haven't... yet! :wink:

--Rick
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

The first time was the most extreme.... I was in the car and was wondering if I was going to walk to where I wanted to go. I nearly did not make it and postponed it for the next day. But fortunately I had the gut to get out and nothing bad happened..... I probably think it happens to many men. After having brain washed that skirts are for girls and pants for men, it takes a lot to go against your brain. But when you do you are free