Long, drapey, panelled skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whitesocks

Long, drapey, panelled skirt

Post by whitesocks »

This is a fantastically comfortable skirt, see http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/ProductD ... uctID=7096
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Long, drapey, panelled skirt

Post by Since1982 »

Those are also called "Mermaid skirts". Straight at the top and flaring out from the knees down. An extreme one is seen in the movie "Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar" worn by actor John Leguizamo in the final scene of the movie where his character wins the Drag Queen award. Funny movie. My fav character in that movie was Deputy Dullard. oops, Dollard, as he continues to tell everyone in the movie from his first scene on. Played by Christopher Penn. :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I like it!
I like it!
Nice flat front uncluttered with detail.
BUT!
Not available in my size.....
and just a tad (10+ inches) too long in the hem.
Oh well back to the wish book.

rm
"Kilt-Off"
"Skirt-On"
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
nickbutcher

Post by nickbutcher »

This looks a great skirt. It looks like more of a work/formal skirt though, it is a skirt I would love to wear to work, if only I had the courage.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I too like the appearance of this skirt. It would be a nice compliment to my long black shiny skirt.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana