Mixed Bag Day!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Mixed Bag Day!

Post by DALederle »

A morning in my favorite skirt! And heels! That's the good news! It feels great!
But it's been a bad breathing day so far. Which limits what I do and where I go.
I have COPD, with emphysema and asthema! It's the reason I had to retire early last year. I just can't do the things I used to be able to do, such as shovel snow(like who WANTS to do that anyway) or even walk up hill.
So I will spend the morning at my computer before going out anywhere or doing anything else. At least I can enjoy this much peace and quiet. This afternoon I'll probably change into my swim trunks and go out in the pool while I play with my dogs. I try to do aquatic excersizes out in the back yard pool every day it's nice enough. When I began the summer I did about 40 back strokes (the only thing the pool is big enough for). Now I'm up to two hundred at a time. At the same time my bicycle riding has gone from 1/2 mile a day that took ten minutes to 1-1/2 miles a day in the same ten minutes.
It's all part of my attempt to get back to a point where I can do things again. It is better then carrying around the can of oxygen, which I've also had to do at times, recently.
No, I'm not complaining!
I'm just sharing! This is the limits of my life until I can make things better.
I keep hoping for some new therapies but they come very slowly!
But it's nice, late summer day so I plan to enjoy it while I can.
Dennis A. Lederle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Mixed Bag Day!

Post by crfriend »

DALederle wrote:I try to do aquatic excersizes out in the back yard pool every day it's nice enough. When I began the summer I did about 40 back strokes (the only thing the pool is big enough for). Now I'm up to two hundred at a time. At the same time my bicycle riding has gone from 1/2 mile a day that took ten minutes to 1-1/2 miles a day in the same ten minutes.
Kudos on the exercise progress, Dennis. Well done! In addition to humans being social animals with an innate need for interaction with other members of our species, we're also physical beings that need exercise and activity -- and you've picked quite possibly one of the best with your aquatic regime.

By the by, the look in the photo suits you well.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mixed Bag Day!

Post by DALederle »

Yes! Theaquatic exercise system, I learned was very good for people with breathing problems as serious as mine are. I only have 27% of my lung capacity left.
Hey! Anyone that still smokes! Quit! Please believe me about this. Carrying around a tank of oxygen is a pain in the ....you know what. But being on a ventilator is even worse.
That's why I'm working so hard on a personal exercise program right now.
Now I have to get serious about a diet too!
It's all I can do at this point to improve my life!
And I'd like a few more years. I have two finished novels to rewrite! And another in the works.
Of course working for years in a welding shop and perfume factory didn't help my breathing either but it's the "tars" in a cigarette that do the most damage. I wish I could get my own children to quit! Anyone know a way? Even seeing me on oxygen hasn't impressed them.
Friday was a very mixed bag because my wife came home from work sick and I spent the day trying to take care of her. But she is...stubborn, to say the least.
Today was another mixed bag day. Old shorts in the morning for yard work, swim trunks this afternoon after the Cubs lost and then an old skirt I made out of a pair of black denim pants. I call it my nock-around skirt. Not good for much but I like it!
I'll try to post it with this message!
Anyway, a pretty good mixed bag day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.