A new male fashion look!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

A new male fashion look!

Post by DALederle »

In the last three days I've had to look twice and even three times at other men I've seen while doing shopping chores. The latest occured this morning at a grocery store.
The man was in blue jeans and sandals, summertime wear for a lot of guys right now.
But he was wearing a woman's blouse!
I saw it three days ago and then yesterday too. Not the same man but about a dozen men so far!
They have one of those boat-necked off the shoulder blouse that form a deep Vee down front. Very sexy look on a woman. But in this case it showed off hard pecs and a hairy chests. These have "gathered" fronts of the Vee and you can see the "darts" used to allow for women's breasts.
I didn't question any of the men, mostly because I wouldn't know exactly what to say.
Standing there today, in a Blackwatch kilt I wondered what he thought of me since he seemed to take peeks my way. But then he hurried off with his small purchase while I had groceries to load into my van.
Has anyone else see this?
It's as if some guys have found women's blouses to show off their beefcake suddenly.
It'd bet great to get them into kilts or skirts too!
Maybe the male inertia in fashions is cracking a little!
Dennis A. Lederle
:roll:
stefan

Re: A new male fashion look!

Post by stefan »

DALederle wrote: But he was wearing a woman's blouse!
That's new. I have never seen that before. But I guess we should not be surprised about it. A woman's blouse is probably cooler than a shirt or T-shirt. They are usually in a much lighter material. Maybee something for us guys to try out? Let's see if this is a trend that start picking up?

/Stefan
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

I wear "women's" tops and on a muscular and well build body it looks and feels great.No chest hair as it is in my case.If a guy is not that well-build there is such a wide variety of tops for women (unlike the man's section) that he can put something not so tight on the body.Completes the outfit, but remember it looks very different as a woman in a men's t-shirt/shirt does not look the same as if a guy is wearing it.Just accept the notion and not expect the same look as on a woman especially with big breasts. In male's case it is no less good but different if the model is well picked.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brandy »

Now that you mention it I have seen these tops on men. For me I've seen them in Golds Gym, and they appeared to have been bodysuit style, at least the one I noticed. I did not really pay to much attention as I will wear bodysuits my self. I have not noticed the trend having escape into the "wild" yet. This is an interesting trend. I would think a blouse designed for a less well endowed woman would look fine on a male body as long as well integrated.

My weakness are Tommy Bahama's shirts.

The local Art & Wine shows tend to attract some of the more exotic flora & fauna I'll have to keep my eyes open.

-- Brandy
skirtingtherealissue

Post by skirtingtherealissue »

Yep, I've experimented a couple of times with some form of blouse; mostly as they take a more fitted form and I have a fairly slender frame. When I've tried this, I've generally paired it with ordinary jeans and a pair of boots.

On one occasion I wore a blouse with my normal work suit, shoes and tie. Not too sure that that combination worked, but I think that some of the fits and styles offer a little more than those traditionally marked to men even though we get more colour and pattern options in shirts than other garments.
Ash

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. - Dr Martin Luther King Jnr.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

I frequently wear women's t-shirts or tops which fit better than mens but don't look paticularly feminine. However, they generally have a button up collar which does up right over left or has a crossover which again is right over left. I allso have a few women's shirts which I find such a better fit than men's. I have been doing this for years and no one has ever said a word or even possibly noticed. So I really can't see much of a problem unless the top is very feminine, which isn't wrong of course but could certainly attract (unwanted) attention.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
zizkov

Post by zizkov »

For many years I only wore female blouses. More choice of material weight colour style and fit, A loose fit especially under the arm is my usual preference. Which way the buttons go has never worried me, and I have received no comments. In the last 4 years a dressmaker has made many of my clothes to my own design and she has put the buttons on the male side, amusing as all the buttons have been so far hidden. Jumpers follow the same rules and I prefer v-neck. Will post images in the new members section soon.