Above the knee or below the knee!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Above the knee or below the knee!

Post by Kirbstone »

At 13.5 inches you will certainly show a lot of shank, SkT. For my sins I have three kilts all 25" on purpose, as that's the length that looks right on me. My very shortest garment is a 17" flared denim which is as you say, cool & breezy for those warm Summer days, but shorter than that I will not go....I find 19 or 20" quite nice for skirts.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

It does show a lot of leg, that's true! However, I am reasonably slim for my height (just under 6') so I think it looks OK (each to their own I suppose)

I also wear short shorts in the summer so the difference is not too great, especially when viewed from a distance. I am also not keen on those baggy below the knee shorts which with my slim legs makes me look like Eric Morcambe when he wore them.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

Milfmog wrote:
Dottie wrote: I find lots of material flapping wildly around my legs is very tiresome.
That is one of the greatest feelings of skirt wearing to me - but again.....each to their own!

Derek
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Derek Plattis wrote:
Milfmog wrote:
Dottie wrote: I find lots of material flapping wildly around my legs is very tiresome.
That is one of the greatest feelings of skirt wearing to me - but again.....each to their own!

Derek
Flapping as I walk is fine, I rather like that. But strong winds leading to wild flapping around and make voluminous skirts a bit of a pain. It's all a matter of degree and too much of anything is, by definition, not good.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
joris

Post by joris »

Yes, personal preference just like most ladies have their own.

The main reason I wear skirts is to have a more breezy garment. Hence, I like shorter, like fingertip-length if you stretch your arms. Only in winter up to kneelength.
Lawrence de Grande

Post by Lawrence de Grande »

I prefer my skirts to be about knee length like kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sitting regimental is definitely easier with lower hemlines. A-line or pleated skirts are also better than straight in this regard.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron