Above the knee or below the knee!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Above the knee or below the knee!

Post by Since1982 »

I've noticed that myself. Sometimes if I itch in one place, scratching somewhere else is the answer.
I'm not EVEN going to ask what places you're referring to...hehehe :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Now come on! It's legs and arms we're talking about! However what scratches my itch may not be the one that scratches anybody elses!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Cause & effect: Overheard on a Dublin Tram: Jeez! dat skurrt makes me-arse look awful fah!.......Nah, Brigid, it's de chock-lah eeclairs!

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

As an aside, here in Auckland they are laying tracks at great expense to reintroduce the trams they tore up at great expense a number of years ago! Pretty normal for this city. The first two trams are lovely 1920s ones from a Melbourne museum in Aussie. They have painted them in the colours of our original 1920s ones, two of which are still in use by local Museum Of Transport And Technology (MOTAT) I will take a photo and post it. I believe we'll have some from San Francisco too! As they extend the lines and expand the service. It'll be back to my childhood!
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

I think this is typical of the often regretted 'get rid of the old stuff' way of thinking. Sometimes some of the old ways are as relevant now as they were when they were first introduced. A disused railway line behind me is now part of a very long cycle path network, which is great for the few cyclists who use it, but a train (preferably steam) running there now would bring in a heck of a lot of money, and provide year round employment. Part of the stretch was featured recently on James May's TV show where he ran a model railway for nearly ten miles along it. Maybe the real thing will return again one day.

Pete
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The 21st Century Dublin Tram system is called the 'Luas', which is Gaelic for speed. They are French designed low-floored long articulated streamlined affairs, more like trains, and the new lines reach out into the suburbs where no trams ever ventured before. Admittedly, one line runs mostly along a long-disused railway bed.

Tom K.
Davy

Post by Davy »

DALederle wrote:I wish the world would fall out of love with two things.
One is the micro-mini skirt, which only looks good on maybe one or two women in the entire world! In my oppinion of course. On most people it's just too much!
And number two is blue denim in any form. God help us! It's almost a uniform that everyone HAS to wear at every moment in our lives. I'm so tired of seeing this ugliest of all garments being worn by everyone out in pubic all the time.
I will agree with you on the blue denim, but strongly disagree on the micro-mini. I always enjoy it when a woman wears a micro-mini, even if she doesn't have that "perfect" body (whatever that is). And its not just because I enjoy trying to look up the skirt to see what I can see. It is more about what is says about her self confidence and esteem and the fact that she is going to wear what is comfortable for her, regardless of what the fashionistas dictate. So I guess it is not surprising that when I wear a skirt or dress I also enjoy wearing one as short as possible. Over the years I have discovered that it is a lot harder to see anything when looking up a skirt that you would suppose, so I rarely worry about anyone looking up mine. I am sure it happens occasionally, but I rather doubt very often. And while I frequently overhear comments about my wearing a skirt, only once did anyone say anything relating to its length.
DesertSkirt52

Post by DesertSkirt52 »

I am a straight guy in my late 50's, i have three just above the knee skirts (ranging between 14"-17") and three minis ( 8"-10"). I have worn my minis and one of my skirts in public, without any comments. Most of the time if anyone stares, just stare back, they will turn away without comment 95% of the time. Some women are amazed that a guy has the guts to wear a mini/skirt in public, but they like it more than you would exspect.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm intrigued by your skirt length measurements, DesertSkirt.
In my book 14-17" are already pretty short mini length, unless you're a midget. Given that a standard kilt length which hits most men at the middle of the knee is 24"from the waist, (25" in my case), 17" falls fully 7-8" above, which in my book is practically mid-thigh and very definitely mini, 14" would show fully 10-11" of thigh.
I don't know what 8-10" of 'skirt' is meant to cover. At that length they cease to be skirts at all, in my opinion, except for tiny tots.

Tom K.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

My overall style is nothing below the knee - mid-thigh is just right except in 'WindChill Factor' extremes of winter.

A picture is worth a thousand words !
Check this LINK out for a pictorial account of skirt length:

http://www.sisterfunbunny.com/

I have one micro-mini that is worn over a bikini speedo type swim suit to keep things all in place and legal.
Definitely not around children except at the beach. The authorities may have some interesting views about what is
considered street; beach and club/dance wear legal and presentable in public. Even if the authorities got it wrong it
would not be worth the hassel and perhaps humiliation in defending your position. Even more so in the 'Redneck'
southern states in the USA.
I do not see how any male could wear a micro-mini without a 'supporting clause' in their contract.
The shortest of my skorts is 12 inches with the enclosed compression shorties.
Most of the skirts and skorts average in the 14-16 inch range perfect for athletic events; golf; tennis; biking or walking.
The kilts are a bit longer 17 to 23.5 inches.
As for the subject of going commando - the standard answer applies "I am not telling" "Get your eyes above belt level" !

"Skirted-Short-I-Like-It-That-Way"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

My favorite is AT bottom of the knee. For swimming in Summer, I like a straight, elastic denim fairly tight skirt with extra long flippers. It works sort of like the tail on a Dolphin. I just wear a T-shirt on top tucked into my belt. But for Winter time, all the same except rubberized skirt and wet suit top.

Mostly I'm in my wheelchair these days, (age is catching up) so what skirt I wear I choose more by color than length or style. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

For body-surfing I have the weighted linen skirt with black cotton t-shirt.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Since1982 wrote:My favorite is AT bottom of the knee. For swimming in Summer, I like a straight, elastic denim fairly tight skirt with extra long flippers. It works sort of like the tail on a Dolphin. I just wear a T-shirt on top tucked into my belt. But for Winter time, all the same except rubberized skirt and wet suit top.

Mostly I'm in my wheelchair these days, (age is catching up) so what skirt I wear I choose more by color than length or style. :D :D
I've never seen a skirt with long flippers! :lol:
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I do both.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Going back to skirts, mine are at longest knee-length (my kilt) but I prefer them between 13" (for the warm summers) and 20" other times.

The 20" one is about 4" above the knee on me as I am just under 6' in height.

I also have an inbetween one - a 17" cargo skirt which is good for cycling.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels