Wearing women's jeans

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Warning

Post by Bob »

Well, I'm feeling adventurous today, so I just went out and figured out how use my moderator hat to post in red. I think they said something about this little tab over here...

FloralSkirt, you have so far disrespected the SkirtCafe community by violating many of its rules in a short timespan. We only have seven, so that's pretty impressive. In particular:
1. ABOVE ALL: Respect for others at all times. No profanity/swearing. No personal insults.
Getting personal with Uncle Al and crfriend was completely inappropriate, and other members took notice and pointed this out. You do not know either man very well, and you therefore have no way to know what they are thinking or fearing.

In this Cafe, we hold civil discourse, not drunken brawls. No one is allowed to treat any Cafe member like you treated Uncle Al. Everyone at the Cafe knows this, and that is why they refrained from adding fuel to the fire and taking your head off. I am always pleasantly impressed and thankful at the level of restraint in the face of provocation that we have from the vast majority of our members. This is a really amazing group of guys (and gals too) that I've gotten to know over the years!

Consider this is your very last warning on this rule. Respect for others is our number one rule, and we simply cannot tolerate disrespect from anyone, to anyone, for any reason.

3. SkirtCafe is a family-friendly fashion forum. No adult material. No discussion of clothing not meant to be seen in public, unless it affects clothing that IS meant to be seen. Underwear is NOT public fashion.
What more to say?
this is NOT a transvestite or crossdresser forum. We are committed to a fundamentally masculine gender identity
OK, it's not a hard and fast rule. But it is an organizing principle of SkirtCafe. We are not about cross dressing or about presenting (from the waist up, down or sideways) as anything other than men. Although our members vary in their opinions on crossdressing, we have no opinion on the topic as a community --- other than this is not the place to discuss it. This is also not the place to discuss modern dance, libertarian theology, World War II history, classic cars, or a host of other topics.

Others have told you this, and now I have too. This is a community based on a particular topic, and that topic has been clearly delineated on the masthead and in the attached thread. And crossdressing is not part of that topic. There are hundreds of crossdressing websites. If crossdressing is what you are interested in, then you will have no problem finding amenable on-line communities. There is no need to antagonize our members.

The last person who came in with almost exactly your attitude did not last very long. He was placed on moderated status after he insisted on continued violations of our number one rule (and others too). For your edification --- and so we don't have to repeat it all --- here is one of the threads he started:
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a
You can use the "Advanced Search" feature in the upper right to find other things he said, and how our members responded to him.

OK, consider this your last warning. The other moderators are watching you very closely, and will not hesitate to take any action they deem necessary.
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing women's jeans

Post by Mipi »

I don't won't to pure some more oil into flames, but....

This Forum is about MUGs and that's it!

On the other hand I must say that I fully understand some people that are reaching for women trousers, not to play role, but to find something to fit them more. I see this each time we're buying trousers for our older son. He's very thin and tall and all we can get looks baggy and somehow is hanging on him. He never bought any women trousers, but still I can understand where the issue is. Similar thing happened when we were buying shoes for younger son. He couldn't put on anything from kids models and even smallest from men selection was way too big. At the end shop assistant brought women (sport) shoes from Adidas and the problem was solved. I thought he'll refuse wearing women’s sport shoes (you know how picky kids can be) but he just said "So what?!" and the problem was solved.

So, maybe this post will hels to cool down a bit this fight.

Stay "cool" and wear skirt to be even cooler.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Mipi, exactly my point. Thanks for the support.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

whitesocks wrote:Hi Mipi, exactly my point. Thanks for the support.

Actually it's not so much on supporting one or other side. My intention was more to give other possible explanation(s) besides CD and TV for wearing women's garments.

I just think that all those harsh comments from any side and any member should disappear. There are many reasons why we sometimes don't understand each other besides some totally opposite opinions. Even English words don't have exactly the same meaning all over the World, not to mention language barriers in general, communication skills, cultural / geographical / time differences, lack of body language and face mimics, mood, personall issues...........

Besides, term CD is not something you could define clearly, anyhow. I believe that "general public" would label any man in the skirt as CD (exception could be kilt but even that only in some places). That's way this label doesn't have any real meaning to me; either we put CD label on most women you see today out or just put this term among other "trash".

But yes, forum rules are there and should be valid for all members to degree that can be clearly defined. And polite way of communication MUST be used.

To all members (and readers): stay cool! Enjoy the weekend and cool down your nerves :D

Mipi :bigsmurf:
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I have crossdressed on and off for many years. A few things I learned from wearing women's clothes are 1. Skirts are more comfortable than pants, 2. women's jeans fit me better than men's jeans, 3. I would make one ugly woman.
After joining this forum I learned I can wear a skirt (or jeans) and be totally at ease with myself and with the world around me.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

I like wearing women's jeans and t-shirts but that is because they fit me better than mens. That's it really and I don't consider it to be anything other than comfort.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Currently I buy them for the added variety they give my wardrobe, depending on designer i'm either 14 or 16.

Have you ever tried to find decent looking white jeans in the mens department?
Have you ever tried to find non traditional lengths in the mens departenrt (Capri, 4" inseam shorts)?
(my legs are my second best feature & I like to capitialize on that)
(my best ..... we'll that's a don't ask don't tell category here)
Have you ever tried to to to find a pair of pants that are dressy yet casual in the mens department.
(my favorite outfit is a black suede sport coar, white T-neck and a pair of womens black almost silk like pants which
are very wide straight legged. The effect is a very nice pair of pants that looks like a skirt when standing still.)

This flexability lets me add a concept to my at work wardrobe called elegance with a nice classic look.

Dawn
lingeries name

Post by lingeries name »

Sure there are. I like wearing sexy girls lowrise stretch flare jeans,
myself. They are comfy, but, sexy also. There are some jeans that
have labels on them that are only made for girls anyway. There are
also jeans with different embroidery patterns on the pockets that
make them look feminine and most the pockets are really small. I like
more feminine jeans, myself, and I wear them in public. [redacted]
[Mod hat on]

This forum is for, and about, Men In Skirts/Kilts not Jeans or underwear.
See rule number 3
3. SkirtCafe is a family-friendly fashion forum. No adult material. No
discussion of clothing not meant to be seen in public, unless it affects
clothing that IS meant to be seen. Underwear is NOT public fashion.

[Mod hat off]

Uncle Al - Moderator
crw321

Post by crw321 »

I am addicted to women's jeans. Must have at least 100 pairs of all sorts of brands. I too like the skinny and kick flare ones the most. Has anyone bought them from Topshop?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK - This topic was put on the back burner to simmer down.
Now, it is back to the front of the stove. This topic is being shut down
and locked because it is not conducive towards Men In Skirts/Kilts.

Uncle Al - Moderator
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)