What if men in skirts was the norm?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: What if men in skirts was the norm?

Post by Since1982 »

TooSlowPrius said: Well, this is just my 2 cents on this subject
You have the longest 2 cents worth since Peter v. more like 6,000 cents worth...:hide: Don't hit me! :roll:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:[...] I wear kilts and occasionally skirts to school events and when collecting or dropping my lad at school or social events. I did avoid it at first, but he asked why and when I explained that I did not want to make difficulties for him he told me that all his friends already knew of my choices. He'd told them, but some did not believe him because they'd never seen me skirted. So now I wear whatever takes my fancy and we're both happy with that.
You have a remarkably well-adjusted and forward-looking lad there Ian. Well done! {raises glass}

Perhaps the future is not so bleak as I once suspected!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:You have a remarkably well-adjusted and forward-looking lad there Ian. Well done! {raises glass}

Perhaps the future is not so bleak as I once suspected!
You are right Carl, though on occasion it's easy to forget that, like all teenagers he has an innate ability to wind his parents up on occasion :roll:

Although I generally find youngsters are the most likely group to offer wolf whistles, cat calls or gentle banter, they are also by far the least judgemental when I speak to them and generally are far more receptive to ideas that challenge convention than the older fogies of my generation. It is easy to run kids down, but when I'm honest with myself I see nothing to suggest that today's youngsters are any worse than I was at their age. Language and conventions may have changed but I'm sure my father was just as wound up by me as I sometimes am by today's kids.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Milfmog wrote:I wear kilts and occasionally skirts to school events and when collecting or dropping my lad at school or social events. I did avoid it at first, but he asked why and when I explained that I did not want to make difficulties for him he told me that all his friends already knew of my choices. He'd told them, but some did not believe him because they'd never seen me skirted.
Ian, this made me smile. I can imagine the conversation:
"Dad, your skirts are making life at school difficult."
"Well son, I do my best not to wear skirts around your friends, what more can I do?"
"No that's not the problem, you are never seen in them and nobody believes me when I tell them." :lol:

That really goes to show the problems that can come from trying to predict what someone else needs without checking with them. I'm so glad you had that talk and everybody is happy now.