The Feel of a Skirt!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Feel of a Skirt and stockings

Post by skirtyscot »

henri wrote:Tights are a no-no, sweaty, and how do you pee in a communal urinal area ....... I leave you to ponder on that one ...

I fold my unsweaty cotton tights down from the waist so they only come up to the top of my underwear. Waistband of the tights is then just far enough down to be out of the way. Then pull the front of both tights and pants far enough down to do the business, just as if not wearing the tights. Finish and adjust clothing. Easy!
henri wrote:My suspender belts are womens' underwear, an occasional line at Evans, but they fit perfectly, absolutely plain silky albeit nylon, but wonderfully comfotable. I do have to keep them up with little straps over my shouklders, sort of suspender braces.

Sorry to be picky, but if they fit perfectly, why do you need the shoulder straps?
henri wrote:I have sewn on buttons for my braces, another essential item as neither trousers not skirts stay up without them!

I use a belt, but each to his own!
henri wrote:It is a very pleasant to walk around in a skirt, ...the tighter garments constrain movement. Try it!

No thanks. I dislike skirts that restrict my movement. But each to his own!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: The Feel of a Skirt!

Post by Since1982 »

Sorry to be picky, but if they fit perfectly, why do you need the shoulder straps?
Couldn't have said it better! Sounded to me like some serious imaginating going on there. But as you said, "to each his own".. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
henri

The Feel of a Skirt, stockings and more

Post by henri »

I am a little surprised to find the last two comments from two 'extraordinaire' members, Messrs SkirtyScot and Since 1982, who seem to take some effort to make cryptic remarks about another member's post. Was I wrong in thinking this blog was about exchanging notes to explain to others that wearing these items of clothing are perfectly OK for men. I keep mine under my skirt!
As for Mr SkirtyScot's cotton tights, these seem a bit or a hassle, maybe bulky and not practical unless wearing somewhat skimpy briefs or women's knickers! I tried something similar once, but decided no - not for me as I usually keep my bits aired in boxers, or very occasionally, commando. I didn't realise Ayrshire was so cold that SkirtyScot needs to lag and insulate his sensitive bits and pieces. I do recall a very cold wet June day years back in 1980 on the Waverley, thats a late 1940s restored paddle-steamer, and I got a dose of 'flu, after a trip from Gourock round the Isle of Bute, but when I went on said boat again from Tower Bridge to Clacton, I wore warm clothing. Might try a long skirt and thick stockings if I go this autumn ....
As for straps or braces, while my suspender belts may be a perfect fit in the horizontal plane, they are not necessarily so in the vertical. I don't have women's hips, and like many men, the effects of a few pints have added an inch or two, but I have a skinny arse. (For our American readers, that's the correct old english spelling for 'ass', which I only tolerate from the lovely Suzi Quatro.)
I have always understood that gentlemen wore traditonal button-on braces (traditional American suspenders are still made too) so gentlemen, I may find it simpler to take the pee than our Ayrshire friend. I just don't like tight belts, and have almost always worn braces. Always rather nice when charming ladies ping them, gently, but even better when they ping the suspenders!
I am also intrigued by since1982's new word to me, 'imaginating'' or is this yet another americanism like 'gotten', is that 'got' or 'get'. Is this 'imagination' an abstract noun, or 'imagining' a verb? English lessons for Since1982, in skirt and stockings! What are you missing sitting on your spike in Florida. Even I will refrain from saying 'up yours'.
Responding to an earlier thread, the BeeB, thats the BBC to our stateside friends, did a short documentary about the decline in women riding their horses side saddle, which Her Maj, Q Liz 2 did for many years when 'Trooping the Colour'. The greater acceptance of trousers and breeches meant her daughter Fanny Annie as she's affectionately known, didn't as it wasn't practical for show jumping the gee-gees. But the garment that looked like a skirt, wasnt, it was a large peice of material to cover the lady's dignity. How many of our skirt or kilt wearing friends have ridden side saddle?
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: The Feel of a Skirt, stockings and more

Post by crfriend »

henri wrote:I am a little surprised to find the last two comments from two 'extraordinaire' members, Messrs SkirtyScot and Since 1982, who seem to take some effort to make cryptic remarks about another member's post. Was I wrong in thinking this blog was about exchanging notes to explain to others that wearing these items of clothing are perfectly OK for men. I keep mine under my skirt!
I suspect that some of the cryptic comments were talking to the forum rules about the discussion of what goes under the skirt. The long and the short of it is that unless an article of clothing is explicitly designed to alter the outward appearance of the skirt and is otherwise not on public view, then discussion of said garments is officially frowned upon. It's OK if you talk to your own family about these things, but somebody else's might not be so agreeable, and this is supposed to be a "family friendly" forum.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Feel of a Skirt, stockings and more

Post by skirtyscot »

henri wrote:I am a little surprised to find the last two comments from two 'extraordinaire' members, Messrs SkirtyScot and Since 1982, who seem to take some effort to make cryptic remarks about another member's post.

Well, I'd hate to start a flame war, henri, but I feel the need to defend myself here. Firstly, my remarks were most definitely not cryptic. One was a frank answer to your wondering, with a minor disagreement about sweatiness. The next was my own wondering about a perceived inconsistency in your comment, and not intended to be at all snide. The last two were expressly "chacun a son gout".
Was I wrong in thinking this blog was about exchanging notes to explain to others that wearing these items of clothing are perfectly OK for men. I keep mine under my skirt!

Yet you chose to air them verbally!
As for Mr SkirtyScot's cotton tights, these seem a bit or a hassle, maybe bulky and not practical unless wearing somewhat skimpy briefs or women's knickers! I tried something similar once, but decided no - not for me as I usually keep my bits aired in boxers, or very occasionally, commando.

Honestly, it only takes a couple of seconds! But as I said, de gustibus non est disputandum.

The nature of my underwear is not a subject for this forum.
I didn't realise Ayrshire was so cold that SkirtyScot needs to lag and insulate his sensitive bits and pieces. I do recall a very cold wet June day years back in 1980 on the Waverley, thats a late 1940s restored paddle-steamer, and I got a dose of 'flu, after a trip from Gourock round the Isle of Bute ....

You caught the flu in June, yet you wonder why I keep my legs etc warm in winter.
As for straps or braces, while my suspender belts may be a perfect fit in the horizontal plane, they are not necessarily so in the vertical.
A politician would call that a "clarification"! :lol:
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
cristonabbott

Post by cristonabbott »

There are other moment like it during the day, of course. But nothing comapes to that first brush on my legs. The only thhing that could be better is if I had a petticoat or full slip.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome, Cristonabbot. I too like the feel of a skirt, knee length or above, but may only use them privately in my situation.
One little point though: Might I suggest that you don't press the 'submit' button until you've had a good read through your next & subsequent posts to get rid of the typos. You can always edit them afterwards, of course.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Hazy

Post by Hazy »

DALederle wrote:Does anyone else have their own, personal, special moments?
What are they?
Sure do,

I love the minutes directly after putting on a skirt (or dress for that matter). To me the feeling is best described as intoxicating.

Like others, I just really like the way a skirt looks, especially skirts that kinda flare out and have great shape. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the way a skirt circles around my legs.

Hazy
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

My special moment? Standing at the railing of my deck, swaying slightly to the music feeling my skirt move against my legs while a gentle warm breeze blows.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

rick401r wrote:My special moment? Standing at the railing of my deck, swaying slightly to the music feeling my skirt move against my legs while a gentle warm breeze blows.
I feel a bit like that, but a warm breeze would be nice! cold winds have to do around here I am afraid.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Hazy wrote:I love the minutes directly after putting on a skirt (or dress for that matter). To me the feeling is best described as intoxicating.
That sensation has passed for me over the past several years of skirt-wearing. For me now, skirts are just another piece of clothing -- albeit a piece more comfortable than trousers -- that I put on in the morning and go about the day's tasks. It's routine now, so I don't get any special thrill or rush from it, and that's OK by me.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

crfriend wrote: It's routine now, so I don't get any special thrill or rush from it...
Same here, Carl. Sad in some ways. I do remember the time when I had to watch my reflexion in every mirror, every shop window, I came across. There's a shop not far from my flat that has totally reflecting windows (so that you can't see inside the shop), and I remember cycling up to them, or past them, to see what I looked like in the saddle. It seemed quite exciting at the time. Don't bother any more. How dull life has become !!!

Martin
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

couyalair wrote:Same here, Carl. Sad in some ways.
I don't find it sad at all because I can bring that back any time I want to by thinking about it -- it's just that it's not a constant companion any more. Interestingly, it's been replaced by a more subtle sense of personal satisfaction that I've managed to "get over the hump" and I now tend to look at most guys who suffer in the heat in their jeans with a measure of sympathy as I stroll along in a light flowy skirt that gives wonderful ventilation; I rather feel sorry for them in their duo-tube trap.
I do remember the time when I had to watch my reflexion in every mirror, every shop window, I came across.
There's still room for this notion as that's the only way one will actually see how a garment behaves in motion as opposed to standing still, either for a camera or in front of a full-length mirror -- and how something behaves whilst it's in motion is as important as how it looks static. If I'm on my feet, I'm in motion vastly more frequently than I'm at rest and everything else is, too. When I'm "in the big city" I frequently make use of the tactic if I'm wearing something "untested".
There's a shop not far from my flat that has totally reflecting windows (so that you can't see inside the shop), and I remember cycling up to them, or past them, to see what I looked like in the saddle. It seemed quite exciting at the time. Don't bother any more. How dull life has become !!!
What's the point of opaque store-windows? In any event, it provided a good reflecting surface for you and possibly taught you something.

I'd not say at all that "life is dull" -- not one bit. I just take my fun in other snippets. For instance, yesterday, upon returning to home port and getting the boat fuelled (my buy) and the holding-tank pumped out (where another member of the crew got unfortunate) the captain (he who pays the yearly fee for the boat) told the young woman who pumped 18 1/2 gallons of diesel into the boat to, "Talk to the guy in the skirt!" when it came time to pay. Some laughter was had all the way 'round, I paid the bill, wished her good luck with her studies (she want to become a marine biologist in the field and doesn't like lab work), and that was that.
henri

The Feel of a Skirt, stockings and more

Post by henri »

Yes, it is finally getting over that hurdle; I want to wear a skirt (and usually stockings) and there is undoubtedly something 'different'. I can't fully explain it, but it is sensual in the way it 'touches', rubs, brushes against different parts of your body.
Unlike some, my conversion to a skirt, and almost always my stockings, has been accepted by those who walk around my locality in North London. Had to wear trousers for business meeting, but the relief to get them off and my skirt on when I got home. But not stockings today, 30C, 86F, definitely just too hot for stockings and suspenders. How some women wear thights on hot days I don't know. The pleasure of a gentle breeze where it is needed on a hot day, just bliss!
If you are uncertain, make your move in a simple plain garment, and if you want it to keep the rest masculine, fine. Full cross-dressing is a different issue, which clearly many of our members do. That's another topic.
But a skirt on a hot day will give you a new sense of freedom.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

crfriend wrote: For me now, skirts are just another piece of clothing -- albeit a piece more comfortable than trousers -- that I put on in the morning and go about the day's tasks. It's routine now, so I don't get any special thrill or rush from it...
That sounds like a long term goal for us all, a future when we won't need a forum such as this because men's skirts will be just another piece of clothing.

But there's no way to deny that a skirt caressing the legs feels great and the air circulation feels great also. I don't get a rush either, but am VERY aware of the nice sensations. Maybe after a few years I'll be less aware but I don't think so.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!