The Feel of a Skirt!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Feel of a Skirt!

Post by Jack Williams »

We seem to have lost the sixth page of this forum..

..Or was there one?
Anyway, these two skirts certainly feel good trucking along:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Alright. It has to be said. Sensual!
When I stride around with this Silkbody dress complete with 100% silk crepe-de-chine skirt right on my otherwise naked body, and then other things including the Style J over it, sensual is the only word for how it slides over my legs and body as I walk up the street. Makes every journey a pleasure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Wearing a skirt has become commonplace for me, so that I don't really notice how it feels very often. A fresh breeze on a hot day (or indeed a cold day :blue: ), or a long skirt moving against my legs as I climb stairs, are times that spring to mind. But now and again I am reminded in other ways ...

A few times when cleaning crusty bits off the hob or scrubbing burnt-on remains off a pan, while going commando, the rhythmic motion has worked its way down through my body so that my gentleman's parts have started to sway in sympathy and pat gently against my legs! Though not arousing at all, this reminds me of the freedom and comfort that skirts give, and it makes me happy that I decided to start wearing them.

Another example, less likely to be deleted by the moderators. :lol: I recently wore a long slip for the first time, under the khaki skirt which can be seen at the foot of page 6 of my pics thread. The feeling of the extra material, soft against my legs, was a revelation. I have a lined long skirt which is quite lightweight and floaty, but it is not in the same league as the long slip. Maybe the slip is fuller than the skirt and so there is extra material billowing about, I'm not sure. But whatever the reason, the effect was, as Jack says, sensual. About as un-trousery as a garment could feel!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Warm wind, straight style, no danger of embarassment, how good can it get?
Totally ignored in the middle of a city, how much better.
That was my day, only yesterday.
Steve.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

yes they DO feel so good! i wish i would have had some 15 years ago.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

grlyboy wrote:yes they DO feel so good! i wish i would have had some 15 years ago.
15? Make it 40 for me.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

skirtyscot wrote:Wearing a skirt has become commonplace for me, so that I don't really notice how it feels very often. A fresh breeze on a hot day (or indeed a cold day :blue: ), or a long skirt moving against my legs as I climb stairs, are times that spring to mind. But now and again I am reminded in other ways ...

A few times when cleaning crusty bits off the hob or scrubbing burnt-on remains off a pan, while going commando, the rhythmic motion has worked its way down through my body so that my gentleman's parts have started to sway in sympathy and pat gently against my legs! Though not arousing at all, this reminds me of the freedom and comfort that skirts give, and it makes me happy that I decided to start wearing them.

Another example, less likely to be deleted by the moderators. :lol: I recently wore a long slip for the first time, under the khaki skirt which can be seen at the foot of page 6 of my pics thread. The feeling of the extra material, soft against my legs, was a revelation. I have a lined long skirt which is quite lightweight and floaty, but it is not in the same league as the long slip. Maybe the slip is fuller than the skirt and so there is extra material billowing about, I'm not sure. But whatever the reason, the effect was, as Jack says, sensual. About as un-trousery as a garment could feel!
What a perfect description.

Like when I first shaved my legs. That feeling is soooo good. I'll be having hairless legs and other body parts from now on.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I finally scored a leather skirt at the thrift store. Longer than I was looking for, comes down to mid calf, but the look works. Fairly heavy black suede panelled skirt. Waist is the tiniest bit tight, but I'm coming off my Winter build up, so that isn't a problem. Feels good on it's own, the mass of the fabric is very pleasant on the legs, the other night put on a longer slip under it, and that had a very nice "embracing" feeling with the stretchy slip overlaid by the leather skirt. Still felt free though. It's heavy enough, that a long walk might make it a little tiring, should try that out. I'm expecting that this will make a good base for a Winter outfit, hopefully when I can find some knee high boots that fit my enormous feet. Best bit? Only $10!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have to also admit I love the feel of a skirt, as others have said feeling it touch the back of your legs while walking absolutely love the feeling reminding me I’m skirted. The other delight is when walking when my hand catches the side of the skirt and flicks it, love it.
If I had the chance I would dress skirted every single day no matter the weather, I wouldn’t wear trousers ever again, but alas that’s only a dream that will never happen. The feeling of freedom is out of this world, I cannot understand why women and girls these days rarely wear skirts or dresses but live in pants, jeans & leggings, it’s been many many months since my wife has worn a skirt, she lives in leggings, but I’m not allowed to wear a skirt.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Paul.
I think that question occurs to a lot of us around here.
It is just all about the freedom to choose really and remember that our options can be very limited.
Welcome to the cafe and thanks for resurrecting this thread, there are some good memories attached.
Steve.
My last entry was in 2013, sheesh!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It was nice to be reminded of Jack Williams. A unique character. Wherever he is I hope that he is skirted.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

It’s not just the feel of the skirt but the freedom of your legs being able to touch, especially in the warmer months with bare legs.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

THE Feel? There are so many. The fabric, the shape, the setting, the lining or lack thereof, obviously the temperature, breeze and length; and of course the psychological scene surrounding the event(s). Mostly all pleasant, once in a while a bit worrisome on exposure...but yea, I like the 'feels", perhaps pun intended!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

You can't beat a skirt in the summer heat - and I am loving them and so grateful that I can easily wear what I feel I want to.

A few days back we had a run of super hot days - I was down to a mini/t-shirt/mules and mini/tank-top/peeps on those days and I was still very hot. I really felt sorry for the guys in jeans and big shorts - there really isn't much choice for the guys here in NZ.

Cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

It feels downright lovely to wear a skirt, especially in the spring and summer when I can bandy about in my light and gauzy midiskirts. The experience of having the hems swishing about my shins while I walk is absolutely fabulous to me. It also feels liberating to wear skirts because they allow me to escape the rigid constraints of dull and boring male fashion. And yeah, wearing skirts is a hell of a lot of fun too!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.