The Feel of a Skirt!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Feel of a Skirt!

Post by denimini »

I went out to water the garden before it got dark after a hot day, but it was still fairly warm at 36C. I had a cold shower with shirt and cotton mini skirt on, then went on with the watering of the garden. there was a gentle (hot) breeze but it felt so cool with the evaporative cooling from my wet clothing.
There were no unmentionables to mention so my body surface to air was increased proportionally and that felt good too.
Could only happen with a skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

I prefer skirts to trousers purely due to the character and personality they portray. A skirt has far more panache than trousers be it for women or men. They do feel very comfortable when on and that does include the feel of freedom and not constrained. I find them warmer than trousers in the winter and far more cooler in the summer.

I only wear trousers when practicality dictates and then change back to skirts ASAP.

I wear skirts all year round, sun, rain, snow, wind...
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

its been a year and a half since I started wearing skirts. Now the only time I'm not wearing a skirt is when I'm working. I'm a transit bus mechanic and the city makes me wear a uniform. I have a couple mini skirts that I like to go for walks in the summer. Most of my skirts are knee or just above the knee. It doesn't matter the weather as I wear them to work and this week it was 1*F on more then 1 morning. Like just about everyone has said the feeling of freedom is amazing. A couple of my skirts are made of a silky polyester fabric, like my profile picture, and I LOVE how they feel on my legs. My friends and family are shocked when they see me in pants. I am just so glad that I started wearing them, and will never stop.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I think the key word here is "freedom".
The feeling of freedom that only a skirt can produce and the liberty to choose to wear one in the first place.
I was out in quite a stiff breeze yesterday in a full knee length skirt. A longer coat kept it modestly in check but the interplay was remarkable as it was comfortably warm too.
Steve
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I've just returned from extreme coastal SW Kerry, where the average windspeed had to be 30-40 MPH and cold with it, adding to the wind-chill. I can attest that while wearing knee-length skirts there the comfort levels outside were only made bearable by thick opaque tights worn underneath to keep my bottom end warm-ish.

But I still love the feel of a nice swishy skirt. Better than anything else.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:42 pm I've just returned from extreme coastal SW Kerry, where the average windspeed had to be 30-40 MPH and cold with it, adding to the wind-chill. I can attest that while wearing knee-length skirts there the comfort levels outside were only made bearable by thick opaque tights worn underneath to keep my bottom end warm-ish.

But I still love the feel of a nice swishy skirt. Better than anything else.

Tom
Betcha an image of Marilyn Monroe is imbedded in that feel of a nice swishy skirt (dress)!
18174.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Thanks for that pic. RMA. Truth is, I didn't have that in mind at all. A truly iconic pic, which nobody else achieved, to my knowledge. I think she did herself in at age 28 or thereabouts, as she just couldn't face 'growing old'. A tragic loss, of course.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

Wearing a skirt is better than wearing a kilt. I personally enjoy the more restrictive feel of a pencil skirt over the looser feel of an A-line skirt or kilt, especially if the material has a bit of stretch to it. Each to their own. A satin lining makes it even better. It is true: women’s clothes can be sensual, while men’s are not. Skirts pump my endorphins: whether from seeing them hug my Lady’s wonderful curves, or feeling them against my own legs. It’s just a shame that society can be so narrow-minded about such a trivial thing in the big picture of life as to who should wear what based on their gender. A man in a skirt is still a man, just like a woman in pants is still a woman.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I'm the opposite: narrow skirts feel very restrictive to me and I feel somewhat exposed when sitting down. In a skater skirt/A-line there is that extra hem length which I can put between my legs.

Pencil skirts are also impossible on a bike. I mean you can do it on a bike with a women's frame (aka low-instep) but I don't have one of those. I like the extra freedom below so I can walk at my normal pace.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Hooray for revived old threads! :D
I'm definitely in the A-Line crowd myself, and midi or maxi length. That way I can still man-spread when I sit and not feel unduly exposed.
Ralph!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I don't like the restriction of pencil skirts. Even my long skirts have a sufficiently wide hem to make walking a pleasure. Most of my shorter skirts are either A-line or skater..
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Feel of a long Skirt!

Post by Grok »

An example is the (original) Macabi. Something difficult to describe.... If the hem is below the knees it feels like you are wearing more clothes than if the hem is above the knees. There is a contradiction; you feel that you are fully clothed down there, while your legs feel free in a way they never do when encased in trouser legs. :D
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

A couple of nights back I went for my walk in one of my favourites, a skater skirt. It was quite windy, I had thought about changing but decided not to. To my surprise the skirt behaved itself well, at no stage did I feel it was going to fly up excessively. A very pleasant dusk walk.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Yesterday, t'was a balmy breezy day.
Floaty linen was quite in order.
Minimist in all other respects and the sensations,
Pure Bliss!

Dare I hope for a repeat performance?
Steve.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

I love the cut of pencil skirts, I know I am in the minority but the way they hug you and with a generous slit at the back, never a problem to walk around in. When nature calls, they stay up and out of the way without having to wrestle with material or having any drop into the toilet bowl (this has happened to me in more voluminous skirts :oops: ) Ridden a regular men's bike in a pencil, I hitch it up to my thighs, if I have dark underwear on, it's no big deal, I see plenty of women just get on with this if they cycle.

A line skirts and skaters are nice especially on a hot day :sunny:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...