A new look with socks and pantyhose - continued

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Departed Member

A new look with socks and pantyhose - continued

Post by Departed Member »

All,

It's been a while since I last posted. Hope you're all doing well.

Remember my recent post about wearing socks and pantyhose? I created the look with white socks and bare/nude pantyhose, but I also mentioned the possibility of going high contrast by wearing the same white socks with black pantyhose. Well, I finally got around to trying it, and I'm enclosing a couple of pictures to show you how it turned out. Incidentally, I'm wearing black microfiber tights instead of pantyhose.

It's definitely a stark, high-contrast look, and should be used only when you either want or don't mind extra attention. I was planning to wear the ensemble for Halloween, but didn't have the time to get out this year. By the way, how do you guys like the camouflage skirt? It's one of my favorite outfits.

Cheers/Regards,

John
Last edited by Departed Member on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A new look with socks and pantyhose - continued

Post by Peter v »

The skirt does seem to have that nice mini skirt length, giving much freedom and leg showing :D .

The contrast thing is very personal. If you look confident, the onlooker may think it is a new style, besides you wearing the skirt, :? 8) :wink: but otherwise I would expect some comments on that, not so much that you are wearing what you do, buy the stark contrast is not seen that much. But some one has to start somewhere. It is more "what we are used to seeing".
me being a skirt wearer myself, I don't have any problems with it. Why not? This whole freestyle thing in which skirt wearing is a central part is all new anyway, so we make the rules.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I like the look, John. Since I started wearing heavy dark brown tights for my cold feet and lower legs problem, I've worn heavy white wool socks over them for added warmth for my feet. I, prior to the tights, was wearing 3 socks on each foot, with the tights, I only use 1 sock on each foot for grip if I'm not wearing shoes. The tights are slippery on my hardwood floor if I don't wear something over the footies. That's a very nice looking camo skirt, a bit short for me, but looks great on you! :hooray:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

total honesty, the black tights look great to me but the white socks can go.

but once again, personal opinions and your mileage may vary 8)
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
luvtoskirt

Post by luvtoskirt »

I like the look too. But if the socks go, I would go for some heels or pumps.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

I'd go for a little less contrast. I'd also wear a longer sock. Back in the early days, I once did something similar. Wore a square dancing skirt (the same one in my avatar) with olive green tights and a pair of black kneesocks. Looked pretty decent, but I found that I liked not having the sweatiness of the tights. So, ever since then (except for a couple times), I've been bare-legged from the bottom of the kneecap up. It's just more comfortable, even in the dead of winter... I once even found that I preferred turning a pair of thigh-high stockings into nylon kneehighs with a very wide lace leg band. Just didn't stretch them all the way up, and flipped the tops down at the bottom of the kneecap.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Departed Member

Hi All,

Thank you for the comments; I think you're right that the contrast is definitely quite pronounced. Most of the time I would avoid the white on black look, although like I said, there is once in a while where it fits the situation at hand. As for longer socks, that's a really good idea. I have quite a few white ones with the typical short length, i. e. just above the ankle. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

As you also mentioned, I would definitely wear femme shoes with heels if the socks were not in the equation. As a matter of fact, the loafers I'm wearing in the picture are the least femme of my collection. More often than not, I've got my pumps with heels on.

Anyway, cheers & regards to you all!

John
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Check the Sock Dreams website - http://www.sock-dreams.com and click on knee highs. You'll find some decent socks there that'll work well with your skirts and will give you more variety than the ankelets. They even have some trouser socks that would look good with a mini to knee-length skirt and whichever shoes you want to wear. There's even a pair of cable-knit trouser socks that are made out a mix of nylon and wool. Scroll down to the kabella trouser socks. They're surprisingly warm for mostly sheer knee highs.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Departed Member

Like the camo skirt! They're great fun for messing with other folks' minds!! :? But heels? Nah - ditch 'em! Don't wait for your podiatrist to tell you your feet have been ruined! :(
Departed Member

Thanks Merlin!

I like the camo skirt too, and you're right that high heels aren't the best item to go with it. Typically, I wear stacked-heel loafers with that skirt, and it seems like the right combination and look. You can see these shoes in the pictures that I posted in this thread.

A friend of mine and I are going to the firing range soon to do some target shooting, and I was thinking I might wear the camo skirt that day. Wouldn't that turn some heads... the femme soldier look.

Cheers, John