First Mini

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Milfmog

Re: First Mini

Post by Milfmog »

B&B,

There was a manufacturer in the UK selling rain wrap skirts for use in carriage racing, there's a link here somewhere but I can't find it right now. Try a search of shooting and hunting clothing suppliers, I'm sure it was stocked by a couple of the Belstaff and Barbour shops in the UK.

Once I get home I'll have a better search on a faster connection, but that won't be for a few days yet as I'm taking advantage of warmer Spanish weather for a few days...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Since1982 wrote:
Sasq said: Or maybe my wife will find it alluring; she's taken more interest lately in my skirts. Hey, you never know...miracles happen!
That WOULD be a miracle, imagine that, skirts for females. A NEW fashion!!
If I ever see my wife wear a skirt or dress I'll wonder if she is smoking anything besides tobacco! I wear those things quite frequently.

John
vital99

Post by vital99 »

Freeindress, I would suggest a white minskirt worn with black tights, a nice contrast. Or worn with another nice clour, say red, or floral tights with a back seam perhaps.

If you wear tights regualrly like me, a contrast between the skirt and tights is effective.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Davy wrote:I have taken to wearing only minis in the summer, so I now have a bit of a problem. There is an event next month that I intend to go to in a skirt, but a short mini would really not be appropriate, and there will be many people I know there, so I actually do care what people think. In checking through my wardrobe, it seems that I don't have anything light-weight that is long enough. So I am going to have to lengthen one of the skirts that I had shortened previously. Not a problem, as I have a few I just altered with safety pins, not permanently. But I suppose this is a hazard of trying to see how short I could make all the skirts I have bought.
A quick update for anyone who still remembers my original post. The skirt I wanted to wear was easy to lengthen as I had just pinned it up, so it took 10 minutes max. It was still a bit shorter than I would have preferred, but I am glad I wore it anyway because everybody loved it. I can't believe how many compliments I got throughout the evening. And it wasn't just because I was wearing a skirt because roughly 20% of the guys there were in skirts or dresses. But mine was definitely the shortest. I did feel just a bit out of place at the start, but that quickly ended as the compliments started coming. Definitely a good time!
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Hey, Davy,
Where do you go to find " 20% of the guys there were in skirts or dresses" ?

Perhaps there were only 4 other people present?

Where I am right now, 100% of the men are skirted ... ;-)

Martin
Davy

Post by Davy »

couyalair wrote:Hey, Davy,
Where do you go to find " 20% of the guys there were in skirts or dresses" ?

Perhaps there were only 4 other people present?
No, there were many more than 4 other men there. This was a party where, for some long drawn out reason that I didn't understand completely, all the men were "asked" to wear skirts or dresses. Of course, the majority of the guys ignored that request (no guts, I suppose), but many did not. Needless to say, I required very little persuasion.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Milfmog wrote:B&B,

There was a manufacturer in the UK selling rain wrap skirts for use in carriage racing, there's a link here somewhere but I can't find it right now. Try a search of shooting and hunting clothing suppliers, I'm sure it was stocked by a couple of the Belstaff and Barbour shops in the UK.

Once I get home I'll have a better search on a faster connection, but that won't be for a few days yet as I'm taking advantage of warmer Spanish weather for a few days...

Have fun,

Ian.
I have found a manufacturer, but at $160 if I remember right, I will have to wait a while!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

I found this one at £30, but the site doesn't exactly give lots of info for length etc.

http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/count ... 598_p.html
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Davy wrote:This was a party where, for some long drawn out reason that I didn't understand completely, all the men were "asked" to wear skirts or dresses. Of course, the majority of the guys ignored that request (no guts, I suppose), but many did not. Needless to say, I required very little persuasion.
You always get a few people who don't make the effort to go along with the theme of a party, but 20% compliance is hopeless!

What was the typical man's outfit like? Did any other men turn up wearing a skirt like it was an everyday garment? Or were they all in ridiculous drag, so over the top that there could be no doubt it was just for a laugh?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

http://www.rainskirts.com/products/rainskirts

This is the one which appeals to me, they come in up to a 50" waist and various lengths. Dear but they look like an excellent product.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

Big and Bashful wrote:http://www.rainskirts.com/products/rainskirts

This is the one which appeals to me, they come in up to a 50" waist and various lengths. Dear but they look like an excellent product.
A very well made product, very happy with mine. And it folds up small enough to put in a small bag.

Actually if it was hot and I was going to be in the rain all day I think I would dispense with a skirt underneath :D
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
N0HEQ

Post by N0HEQ »

There are various lengths of miniskirts. I started with a 19" denim skirt. Now I feel comfortable wearing a 12" skirt in several different fabrics. It is all a matter of confidence.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

here is my first skirt which is a mini love it! now to wear out of the house
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

grlyboy wrote:here is my first skirt which is a mini love it! now to wear out of the house
That camera angle is certainly a good test - something a wall mirror won't do. If it is OK at that angle it should be fine for normal public viewing.
A beach area in summer should be an easier debut for wearing a short mini.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I regularly wear a 15 inch miniskirt, and that's as small a hemline as I'll wear in public.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.