A lull in postings

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

A lull in postings

Post by Peter v »

Is it me or am I not looking well enough? Are there not so many postings lately? Is it perhaps vacation? We have the vacations here in the Netherlands in our summer, june july, august.
Or are we all accomplished skirt wearers, not in need of too much skirt discussion, going about our lives?
It is not uncommon for the "committee" members, a select minimal group, of any organisation, club etc, to be the only ones actually doing anything, while the others ("members") are just waiting until they get the next bulletin to attend the annual barbecue....Quite normal.
( If we all lived in close proximity....An annual skirt barbeque :roll: :D :D :D 8) )

The tendancy is found I think in all fourms of specific nature. If someone knows how to get members more active please tell.
but although it would be nice to have more activity than now is the case, I for one understand the nature of the skirt wearing man and his possible relationship to the forum. Not needing it, especially if he / you would be a accomplished wearer, but for related interest, being part of a social community. Others of course can profit by learning, while building up to independant skirting.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Jock
Distinguished Member

Re: A lull in postings

Post by Jock »

I had noticed the same phenomenon, coupled with the "disappearance" of many long time posters.

I suppose we all have our say and get things off our chest and then life settles down. For me kilt and skirt wearing is now normal and unremarkable. What would cause me to sit up and get posting is the sight of lots of men in skirts ( one or two would do).

For the moment I just drop in once in a wee while
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Like I said a week or two ago, I miss the days when the Cafe was just a "Blokes in skirts" forum. Just lurking and waiting to see what happens, or to see if somewhere else opens up. I am not going to argue this because I don't want to spark off another heated debate, so back to "lurk mode".
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Sometimes people get busy.

Sometimes nothing remarkable is going on, or the current conversation is a revisit to something that had some of us have participated in in the past.

Or there's been a flame war and everyone is hiding under the bed.

For myself I've been incredibly busy with the rescue/intervention I've been working for the past two months. There has been great progress and the end is in sight and I'm looking forward to a positive resolution.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I'm hiding under the chair on argumentative subjects. :hide:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Big and Bashful wrote:Like I said a week or two ago, I miss the days when the Cafe was just a "Blokes in skirts" forum. Just lurking and waiting to see what happens, or to see if somewhere else opens up. I am not going to argue this because I don't want to spark off another heated debate, so back to "lurk mode".
I must honestly say that I think that such answers, although thankfully honest are feeble excuses. Either "you" ( metaforically speaking ) have something to say or have temporarily nothing new to say, maybe nothing to reatct to. This site is still blokes in skirts, even if some do dare go more to one side, further than others, no dare be different. They are still blokes. And have the same goal in sight, fashion freedom, the freedom to wear a skirt, being a man, but with one important clause, that there be no ( discriminative) restrictions to the manner of dressing. Giving all men the ""right"" ( we already always have had that) to wear skirts, kilts as known to the public, but also to be "able" to wear at his own discression other styles without any restrictions. Meaning that basically I would suppose most men would wear simple 'manly" outfits and some may venture further. It would be the end of men in skirts if there was a true discrimination amongst the members. And if anybody has his doubts about me, let him come over and he can look under my skirt! :roll: :oops: :lol: . (but not touch) :roll: We stand together or fall.

I wonder if those who state such things ever talk to women, they may get contaminated and be less of a man? :roll: :roll:
Honestly, I personally think there are other underlying issues there. But enough of that, everybody is entitled to his own meaning, thought on the subject. There is no flame here.

As it is the vacation over here, in europe, I would expect two things, one, that men are wearing, and don't waste their time indoors behind the computer, or because they have no job obligations, they do wear skirts on a daily basis and do because of that have stories to tell and are only too happy to post. I don't know what is going on in the US.

I think that if there is not a constant growth of members, then the members who actually look at regular intervals at the site, will over time have said their bit, read enough to satisfy, and be content with that. So for those members there is something else needed to keep them active. Like organising meetings, etc. That requires even more actual public skirt wearing men, and an active organisation, which I think the forum is still too small for and the possible "organisators" have enough other things to do. All "we" can do if "we" want the cafe to be a lively place, is be a patron, and with witty, respectful well thought out postings have interesting discussions related to skirt wearing, and all the while hope that that will also stimulate others to join in. The responsibility (not duty) rests on all of our shoulders, not on that of a select few, they also have their own lives outside of the forum.

Anybody else ideas?
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

It's August and this is southeastern North Carolina. It's too freakin' hot to write anything that doesn't come out sounding like Tennessee Williams.

Stella! Stella! Where's my freakin' miniskirt?

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

If only things were in such a way where a man saying such wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Carl, Where's the pipe wrench!!!!
-------Lazarus Long
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sapphire:

Did you really need/mean a pipe wrench or for the UK members - an adjustable spanner!?

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

It was a joke!

Sasq wrote:
Stella! Stella! Where's my freakin' miniskirt?
So I wrote:
Carl, Where's the pipe wrench!!!!
-------Lazarus Long
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yes I thought so!
I needed to throw some fuel on the fire when you mentioned 'Pipe Wrench'!
In the UK such a tool is an adjustable spanner and knuckle basher.
Certainly Colonel Mustard did not do it with a Pipe Wrench in the Atrium!
With a lull in postings need to stir up some sort of meaning(less/full)
discussion. Can not stand to see a forum wither and die for lack of discussion
or humour dry or otherwise.
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote:I needed to throw some fuel on the fire when you mentioned 'Pipe Wrench'!
Well, I'm glad that I'm now in on the joke. I actually called home from work to tell her where the thing is! It might've been a real problem; one never knows... (She knows how to use it, too, and I'm not talking as a "blunt weapon". ;) )
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Of course I know how to use it. I bought it...for myself before I met Carl
-------Lazarus Long
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Pythos wrote:If only things were in such a way where a man saying such wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.
Too true. Those who have real loving and understanding close friends, partners can say that and it would be very normal.
But when rational inteligent people think about it, everything is new for the first time, out of the "ordinary", so as long as people don't make an issue about it..... :? :roll: :? :roll: :shock: :roll: :wink: then saying "where is my mini?" is nothing really out of the "ordinary" as for those who would hear it for the first time, would have to live further and look back before they could say "that was out of the ordinary FOR ME." :roll:

But i know what you were really saying. :wink: You make it ordinary for yourself. That is the first and foremost. If others come to hear you say such, it is up to them to give it a place in their own little world, their problem. Why are we constantly stating that ALL THE ""OTHER"" people in this world are completely normal and we are the only ones not. ???? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Who says that the people who see us, know of what we do, are "normal"? Why should we demean ourselves, place ourselves in the abnormal behaviour sector? It is nearly automatic, but there is no reason to do that.