A new look with socks and pantyhose

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Departed Member

A new look with socks and pantyhose

Post by Departed Member »

Hi,

Not long ago I was going out femme for the day. It was really hot and while I didn't want to wear pantyhose, I also didn't like the way bare feet would look and feel in my femme shoes. I came up with a solution and bought some white socks, the kind that just barely cover the ankle. They looked great!

A few weeks later I wore them again, but it wasn't hot this time and I put them on over very bare, nude pantyhose. This also looked good, to me and my friends at least, and some of them joked that I was going for the schoolgirl look. After I took these pictures, attached below, I had to admit that they were right!

I'm glad to have this new alternative for my femme wardrobe. Have a look at the enclosed pics!

Regards, John
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A new look with socks and pantyhose

Post by SkirtedViking »

Very good combination!Maybe you should try a different top, that seems to be a common t-shirt, but if you like it- it is your choice :D
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Are you in hose in those pictures?
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Departed Member

hello Viking & Pythos

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the nice replies. Regarding my shirt, yes it's basically a T configuration, but it's a nice cut and fabric from Bannana Republic. It gives me the look I want because I dress femme from the waist down only. I wear normal guy stuff from the waist up, and don't use make up, wigs or padding.

As for my legs, yes I was wearing very bare/nude pantyhose. You can barely tell, but I assure you, it's there.

Cheers/Regards, John
Donald

Post by Donald »

John, that's a very nice look. Since the pantyhose are a sheer nude style, that is why I feel the socks work well with your outfit. If the hose were of a suntan or darker shade, it may not look as good. Also, if the pantyhose are of a heavier denier, then the socks will not look as good either, I feel. But John, you pull the look off VERY NICE!!

John, with regards to shaving, how do you keep your legs so nice? Do you jusy use a razor, depiliatories, or do you wax? If you use depiliatories, are there ANY that do not have that awful sewer smell to them??? :D
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

You do not have to wear wigs and padding etc (after all this ain't site for crossdressers) to have other options than so called men's t-shirts. But if you like it, doesn't bother me at all :)I think that it is better other type of tops which suits a man nicely if you do not expect to fit like on a woman.It is nice but just different as a woman with a men's t-shirt (there are many of them) looks differently compared to a guy with the same t-shirt.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

I love the look, very nice, but I wonder if women would agree, as I see practically none wearing socks at the moment. practically all bare footed in their shoes, pumps. It may be a man's thing, like white socks in sandles, which we men do enjoy, keeps the feet clean looking, but which women deplore. :shock: :? I don't know why, and it is so stupid, that we men listen to them with regards to something we all seem to want, clean neat feet, in the summer in nice and airy sandles. ( I have Teva sandles, and the sole stinks something terrible, so if i wear nice clean white socks, that is practically gone, and it keeps the soles of all sandals clean from sweat and skin rub off which starts to smell)

I do like the "school girl " look, not because of that link, but the look is nice. Nice pleated skirt.
Yes, I would refine your look, as a nice below the waist look goes all wrong as a "travesty" when a slob like ( somewhat too relaxed) above the waist clothing is used. A tailored fit men's shirt / polo / T shirt would compleet the look, without any suggestion as to it being too femme or travi.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Departed Member

Hi Donald: leg care & shaving

Hi Donald,

Thank you (and everyone else) for your nice note.

I tried Nair a few times and found that even after 8 minutes or so, much of my leg hair was still in place. That plus the awful smell convinced me not to try it again, so I just shave my legs with a Gillette Mach III Turbo and shaving cream. These are the same things I use for my face too. The razor has three blades.

The only trick I use on my legs is to give them a gentle scrub with a Loofa pad every time I shower. This has proven invaluable to prevent ingrown hairs, point defects and so forth. It feels really good too; you feel like you're scratching a thousand tiny itches all at once!

Cheers, John
Bri
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bri »

My fiancee and I both use a mach 3 and various styles of shaving cream/soap and shave butter.

It's a challenge at times to keep the hairs from becoming ingrown, but it's possible.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

the T-word again emerged :D

Post by SkirtedViking »

Do I hate that discriminatory towards men term "transvestite" :). I wear so called women's tops, skirts, heels but have 5 sm beard,2 sm hair, muscular posture - kind of Brad Pitt in Troy (how modest huh). So a transvestie for me is a man(as I said the term is gender biased) who wants to pass for a woman using wigs, fake breasts and so on. I've seen even women in tuxedos and they were not worried about their femininity!
Departed Member

Donald - Yes, socks go with lighter hose

Hi Again Donald,

I agree that the socks go best with very light weight and light colored pantyhose, however, I'm going to try something different when the right situation presents itself. Sometimes I wear all black when I dress femme...pumps, pantyhose, skirt, and top. Next time I do this I might include the white socks just as a stark contrast. It would probably be during a street fair or some other sort of free-wheeling, alternative setting.

I've done something similar to this already, all black except for white pantyhose. I was inspired to do this years ago when I once saw an attractive young woman with a pretty black dress and black pumps. Connecting these two black items was off-white pantyhose, and she really looked terrific that way. It was striking, and so was I when I imitated the look.

John
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Rather than wearing socks with sandals, why not make an appointment at a local nail salon and get a pedicure with colored nail polish on your toes? The pedicure and foot massage feels wonderful and the nail polish will make your toes look pretty. I get a lot of compliments from women on my pedicures and red nail polish. Even UFC fight champion Chuck Liddel wears pink nail polish on his toes and Nascar champion Scott Speed gets pedicures and wears blue nail polish on his toenails. There have been some articles online recently about Scott's pedicures and blue toenails. If you are not ready to try red polish, I would recommend starting with a more masculine color like black, blue, or silver. The pedicure feels wonderful and you will like the look of the nail polish on your toes. One other thing, if you are going to exposes your toes in sandals, it is best to shave any hair. Hairy feet and sandals are not a good look. :D

Regards,

Jamie
Fashion Freedom for Men!!
Peter v wrote:I love the look, very nice, but I wonder if women would agree, as I see practically none wearing socks at the moment. practically all bare footed in their shoes, pumps. It may be a man's thing, like white socks in sandles, which we men do enjoy, keeps the feet clean looking, but which women deplore. :shock: :? I don't know why, and it is so stupid, that we men listen to them with regards to something we all seem to want, clean neat feet, in the summer in nice and airy sandles. ( I have Teva sandles, and the sole stinks something terrible, so if i wear nice clean white socks, that is practically gone, and it keeps the soles of all sandals clean from sweat and skin rub off which starts to smell)

I do like the "school girl " look, not because of that link, but the look is nice. Nice pleated skirt.
Yes, I would refine your look, as a nice below the waist look goes all wrong as a "travesty" when a slob like ( somewhat too relaxed) above the waist clothing is used. A tailored fit men's shirt / polo / T shirt would compleet the look, without any suggestion as to it being too femme or travi.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

jamie001 wrote:One other thing, if you are going to exposes your toes in sandals, it is best to shave any hair. Hairy feet and sandals are not a good look. :D
Each to his own but my feet have some hair on top and I am perfectly comfortable with that, it's me and that's all there is to it, sorry...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Peter v wrote:
I wonder if women would agree, as I see practically none wearing socks at the moment. practically all bare footed in their shoes, pumps.
True. But most people are fashion drones.

There are women and girl who like playing around with socks, sandals and shoes. My (male) shrink wears socks and sandals. I love finding funky socks and sometimes wear them with sandals. In cold weather I love to layer tights, knee socks and ankle socks.

I think what you are willing to do depends upon how secure you are with yourself and the level of creativity that you are willing to express.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

jamie001 wrote:
One other thing, if you are going to exposes your toes in sandals, it is best to shave any hair. Hairy feet and sandals are not a good look. :D

According to who exactly? According to Jamie001? Or some fashion maven Jamie is in love with?
I wear socks all the time now because I have P.A.D. in my feet (poor circulation) and my feet are cold all the time. So I wear socks for warmth. I didn't most of my life tho, I have hairy feet, I see nothing wrong with that. I'm a man, not a woman wannabe. I like to wear skirts as a man. I'm not into makeup, high heels, shaved legs and armpits, or any other of the common to women affectations. Just 'cause someone isn't wearing a wig or fake boobs doesn't mean he's not leaning well over into the Crossdresser side. Crossdressers are not the same as transvestites, trannys want to go by girls names as well. CD's at the start just wonder what it's like to wear the "forbidden" fruit. I used to live in Hollywood Florida, a hotbed of Tranny and Drag Queen activity. I was a child at that time, around 12, so I don't know if it still is. I was still at the age of stealing skirts off neighbor's clotheslines...In THOSE days, all the females wore skirts and dresses so it was easy to find one at night. A woman in trousers would be ran out of town as a "dyke". I never did and still don't understand why "dyke" means what it does. The pronounciation "dyke" sounds like "dike" which is a water dam. I don't get it.
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :ciao: :hide: :hide: :sorry: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/