A new look with socks and pantyhose

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Departed Member

Pedicures

Post by Departed Member »

Hi All,

It's been a while since I last posted. Thanks for all the comments and stuff.

I've never been interested in pedicures, and always wear closed-toe shoes/pumps when dressing femme. I do shave the top of my toes and feet, since many pumps show quite a bit of the foot anyway, and I do kick my shoes off now and again. But that's about it as far as feet go for me.

Cheers, John
Donald

Re: Hi Donald: leg care & shaving

Post by Donald »

John wrote:Hi Donald,

I tried Nair a few times and found that even after 8 minutes or so, much of my leg hair was still in place. That plus the awful smell convinced me not to try it again, so I just shave my legs with a Gillette Mach III Turbo and shaving cream. These are the same things I use for my face too. The razor has three blades.
Cheers, John
John, I just purchased a tube of the nair rub-on lotion. I chose the aloe and lanolin variety. I left it on for 10 minutes and I was quite surprised with my results. The smell was not even noticeable. Of course, I did it downstairs by my cats' litter boxes. But still, I remember trying it some time ago and how bad it stunk. But this stuff was nowhere near as bad.

The stuff also removed all the hair save for a tiny spot close to my ankle I missed. Of course, I was very generous with applying the lotion. Afterwards, they were quite soft and did not have a burning feel like my first foray into depiliatories. In short, I feel the aloe and lanolin variety worked very well. So now I can get really good results for when I wear my dresses. I ordered two more dresses last weekend and they may be in tomorrow. So I wish to have my legs ready for them.

John, if I may ask, how long ago was it that you used the variety of nair that you did and got turned off by the smell?
howardh

Re: A new look with socks and pantyhose

Post by howardh »

I have always gone against the grain and thought that sox DO go with tights - when I was a kid in the 70's it was the fashion for schoolgirls to wear black tights and white sox, I thought it highlighted their legs brilliantly - and I don't like to see legs taper down to the shoes, it kinda looks like the bottom part of the body's been left out!
Best colour of sox to go with tights IMO are black-black or black-white, and nude/brown-white.

Maybe it can become a "man" thing where girls just wear tights on their own, but blokes wear tights with socks to compliment ankle boots?
kilthose

Post by kilthose »

howardh wrote:I have always gone against the grain and thought that sox DO go with tights - when I was a kid in the 70's it was the fashion for schoolgirls to wear black tights and white sox, I thought it highlighted their legs brilliantly - and I don't like to see legs taper down to the shoes, it kinda looks like the bottom part of the body's been left out!
Interesting post, Howard.

I have similar views, but related to men in skirts/kilts and tights. The skirt/kilt can bulk out the waist/upper thigh region, and the tights slim the ankles. The look often seems quite out of balance. Recently, however, I've experimented with kilt + kilt socks + tights, and have been very pleased with the results. The kilt socks give an appropriate balance to the kilt, and the tights can give a healthy tanned look to the knees, and feel great overall.

KH
Neil

Post by Neil »

jamie001 wrote:Thank you SkirtedViking. You hit the nail on the head!! The term crossdressing only applies to men and needs to disappear. I also am not a crossdresser because I don't try to deceive anyone that I am a woman because I am not a woman! Therefore I am not a crossdresser. I am just a man with a strong feminine side that likes heels, nail polish, skirts, women's fragrances, and other items that are typically associated by this screwed-up society with women.

Regards,

Jamie
Fashion Freedom for Men!!

SkirtedViking wrote:The sooner the term crossdressing disappears for men the better.It is a discriminatory term, it is applied just for males! Even when I wear tops, skirts, heels I do not coinsider myself crossdresser, and between freestylers and female impersonators (transvestites) there is a big difference.
I'm almost completely there with you, Jamie. I really like high heels, pantyhose, and short skirts, and I don't consider myself a crossdresser just because I happen to wear those instead of pants.
Does wearing pants make you a lesbian?
You like mushrooms. I like pantyhose. What makes your taste OK, but mine not?