Never Mind about Purses, Wear Do You Put Your IPod

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Never Mind about Purses, Wear Do You Put Your IPod

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Never mind worries about wear skirted men put their wallets or purses more importantly wear does one put their IPod?

Ipods are cool I know longer have to hear any abuse any idiot miht shout at me in the street.
Departed Member

Re: Never Mind about Purses, Wear Do You Put Your IPod

Post by Departed Member »

ziggy_encaoua wrote:Never mind worries about wear skirted men put their wallets or purses more importantly wear does one put their IPod?

Ipods are cool I know longer have to hear any abuse any idiot miht shout at me in the street.
I know this might sound rather odd, but (unless it has "Ipod" written on it), if someone were to present me with one, I wouldn't have a clue what an Ipod was, or what it's for! However, if it's something like a CD (or DVD?) player, then isn't there a danger of missing someone shouting a warning about an imminent collision with a moving vehicle (or open manhole, or similar danger), rather than abuse? I can only suggest, "Leave it at home!" as the only sensible & practical solution!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

merlin wrote:[... I]sn't there a danger of missing someone shouting a warning about an imminent collision with a moving vehicle (or open manhole, or similar danger), rather than abuse?
Actually, there is some anecdotal evidence that i-Pod wearers are more frequently targetted as mugging victims because they're distracted from their surroundings and tend to make easier "marks" than folks who are actively paying attention to the world around them.

"Leaving it at home", however, is usually not an option for the true addict; for them, only pockets can help. Unless one is to carry it clipped to his clothing someplace.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

My sporran will hold both a 160 gig Ipod in it's protective doobrie and the headphones I use, not the pathetic white cheap tinny things which come with an Ipod but a fairly cheap but better sounding set of 'phones with a band which goes round the back of the neck. Two of the laat three skirts I bought also have pockets big enough for an Ipod. Look at rec`ent posts by me for details, the Combat skirt is by far the best but the 'walking skirt' also has decentish pockets.
dragonslain

Post by dragonslain »

I have one of the redesigned iPod shuffles so it clips anywhere I need it to.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Don't need an iPod. Already have music playing in my head; a result of things I did in the seventies, I suspect.
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Like Merlin, I wouldn't know what an iPod was even if it got up and bit me! Like Sasq. I can carry my own entertainment in my head. Just watching our fellow man is entertainment enough.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
rogerbigfish

iPods etc

Post by rogerbigfish »

Having read the posts above about where to carry your iPod I was left feeling a bit frustrated. We are a bunch of guys who seem to have a common goal of pushing the bounderies on clothing. Most of us are willing to take some risks to do so. The fact the this group exists at all is due to us all embracing modern technology to some degree. Yet when it comes to a bit of modern kit for playing music the majority of posters behave like dinosaurs startled by the wheel. The general response seems to be one of, all be it gentle, derision. GET WITH IT!
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Departed Member

Re: iPods etc

rogerbigfish wrote: Yet when it comes to a bit of modern kit for playing music the majority of posters behave like dinosaurs startled by the wheel. The general response seems to be one of, all be it gentle, derision. GET WITH IT!
Ah, so it is just a modern CD-type(?) music thingy! Just what I didn't need years ago and don't need, now! They've all contributed to the fatal (or serious) cycling accidents 'score'. I only hope I-pods are more 'sound insulating' on public transport than their forebears. (Thinks) How'll I know they're an I-pod, though? Don't think I've ever seen one.. :?
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

iPod location

Post by JRMILLER »

Hi,
I am a 55 year old and love the iPod. I keep mine in my shirt pocket, close to my ears.

My daughter has an iPod armband which works quite nicely.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

crfriend wrote:Actually, there is some anecdotal evidence that i-Pod wearers are more frequently targetted as mugging victims because they're distracted from their surroundings and tend to make easier "marks" than folks who are actively paying attention to the world around them.
I've heard a simpler explanation: i-Pods are expensive, easily resold, and are status symbols (at least among the social groups that are in the habit of stealing them.) It also helps that they're easy to hide once you grab them.

The wave of i-Pod robberies are not so different from the waves of sneaker robberies, jacket robberies, etc.

By the way, I don't see how i-Pods are all that different from the portable cassette and CD-players that preceeded them in terms of distracting the user from his/her surroundings.
Departed Member

Just tried to look up 'I-pod' on the 'net'. More confused than ever! It seems I've 'missed out' on two previous 'generations' of I-pods and something else, called "MP3"!

Thank goodness it/they is/are something I'll never, ever need!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

To all those who have missed out in iPods

Post by JRMILLER »

Gentlemen,
An iPod is sold as a music and video player. People purchase them for that innocent reason including yours truly. Thus, people wander the streets, workout, do household chores with these electronic devices plugged almost directly into their brains.

What is *really* happening is that people are being treated to a constant barrage of subliminal programming (check this out with Dr. Who if you don't believe me). The programming is, of course, government (alien) sponsored, so those plugged in all day receive the full benefit of the programming.

One cannot help to wonder what we are or will be urged "to do" by our governments! We can only wait and see! 8)
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Don't need an iPod. Already have music playing in my head; a result of things I did in the seventies, I suspect.
LOL! Me too!
:kiltdance: :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :kiltdance:

:flower:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .