I am saddened

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Thanks for your thoughtful responses. They were much appreciated.

The problem I had with my inhibitions this time was that I had not worn a skirt out at all, for several weeks due to much the same thing, and the reason being fear.

I was getting worried that I was letting fear control me, which I was.

I fought it off for the time being by going out with my friends for dinner in the outfit I tried to wear before.

It was a good experience, got some glares from gang bangers, but nothing more. The glares were not all that bad, they were more like "Is he actually wearing that?" kinda glares. I just walked on after nicely smiling to them. (which can be risky)

But once again your responses were much appreciated. Thank you all.
CJFMix

Post by CJFMix »

Personally , I got discouraged lately ...
I do not wear skirts much lately ...
Simply , because people are so dull !!!
People are so concerned with their survival ; work , paying bills and are absorbed by problems ...
It's like they have became automats (robots) ...
What a superficial society !!!
We talk about freedom , but people are grey , their mind is grey , they all dresses grey , and we end up with a dull grey society !!!

Not that it's important , but I hardly get noticed anymore whenever I go out !!!
They are not interested in what I do or what I have to say , or in anything else !!!

Just bored !!!
When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

I, too, get spells of discouragement sometimes.
I know the "grey days" as I expect everyone does.
The "bright colour" smiley days will come too, so be encouraged. Tomorrow and Monday are bank holidays in the UK, so on with my Kilt. I need a long weekend to rest a bit and enjoy some freedom.
I am grateful for such an encouraging web site where everyone seems to care. Thank you SkirtCafe members.
Colin.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

I know this has already been included in many ways above. I'm not into skirts yet, but in my case don't see wearing a kilt as a mission or endurance test...just an extension of choice to be taken when it feels right. Somedays I'll be wearing a kilt all morning, change into trousers to go to the shops, and put it back on again when I return. Other days I don't bother changing, and go in a kilt. It's just the way I feel. I don't always want to be any focus of attention, or pointed at like a zoo animal. That's reasonable I think. I know I can handle it on other occasions, and that's commitment to my ideals enough.