It's not really a big deal after all!!!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's not really a big deal after all!!!

Post by JeffB1959 »

Andy_G wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:54 am
I’d read that if you sit in the car waiting for the right opportunity to get out, you probably never will.
I quite agree. I was there once myself. In hindsight, it was all so needless.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

I also went out for first time in public with a kilt and while scared to death, got no snide comments or criticisms. A few stares, but nothing that bad. Gives me more confidence to to go out again and add a top or wear a non kilted skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

To quote a famous person..
"The only thing you have to fear is fear itself!"
After that there is nothing else to worry about. The fear is only in your mind it is not real but is just imagined.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 pm
The fear is only in your mind it is not real but is just imagined.
Sorry Fred but the fear itself is only too real for the person concerned. The reason behind that fear may turn out to be imaginary.
They can only confront that fear for themselves and discover the real truth. Sure there is benefit to be had from guidance and assistance but ultimately it is a solo journey.
The truth is that bravery is just the control of fear not it's absence from your thoughts.
Steve.
MCM55

Post by MCM55 »

I agree whole heartedly with everything that’s been said. I live in a place where men all wear hunting jackets, boots and ball caps. I’ve been wearing either a kilt or a mid thigh jean skirt for about 19 years out in public and have never had a negative comment. Most positive comments have been from men. The most notable instance was when I was dropping off a piece of furniture at a used furniture outlet. As a big 6’5” 250lbs burley tattoo’d ‘biker’ looking guy was walking by, the kind you’d think would give you grief, said out of the corner of his mouth “I wish I had the b*lls to wear that!” and just kept going without loosing stride. That was a huge morale booster. Dress well, dress coordinately, don’t look gaudy, and, as Nike says “Just Do It”. It’s very rewarding. Good for you for taking that first very important step!