Man-cami

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Re: Man-cami

Postby Gusto10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:03 am

Sinned wrote:A cami is such a simple garment and a man can wear one, I do often, and we wouldn't put "woman" as a prefix for any garment [0] so why should we pander to male insecurities [1] by adding "man" as a prefix to anything. Seems a bit crass to me. A cami is a tube worn on the upper body, generally plain with a low neckline and back and spaghetti straps. No, leave it out and just call it a cami. I wouldn't put "man" in front of "skirt" either. It's a skirt goddammit!!!!

[0] Pointless as a woman can wear ANY garment and it not be thought odd.
[1] Poor things, don't we feel sorry for them.

Sorry to say so, but in advertisements for skirts you will see most times that the text runs "womens skirt", thus implying that skirts for men, other than a kilt, exist. As a cami hasn't got the prefix of "women's" one might state that it's gender neutral attire and therefore there is no need for words like manisole etc.. If you would, than a cami for women would be a wamisole or something like that. As society is becoming more genderless, I do second your - Sinned - suggestion to leave out the prefixes of men's or women's when discussing attire.

@John, I believe Walmart does carry a bra for men: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Aware-S ... /426343592
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Man-cami

Postby hillaryskirt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Gusto10 wrote:Sorry to say so, but in advertisements for skirts you will see most times that the text runs "womens skirt", thus implying that skirts for men, other than a kilt, exist. As a cami hasn't got the prefix of "women's" one might state that it's gender neutral attire and therefore there is no need for words like manisole etc.. If you would, than a cami for women would be a wamisole or something like that. As society is becoming more genderless, I do second your - Sinned - suggestion to leave out the prefixes of men's or women's when discussing attire.

I am just loving wamisole and manisole. :D
Thanks for all your nice comments.
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
hillaryskirt

Previous

Return to Freestyle Fashions