Cuban Heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Cuban Heels

Postby FranTastic444 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?

I've just ordered a pair of these from the UK. Price seems reasonable for leather - and they seem to have larger sizes in stock. $19 for US delivery also seems to be reasonable.

Shuperb

FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cuban Heels

Postby oldsalt1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Matador boots with a Cuban heel . Only flag brothers had them. All you need now is iridescent socks with a same colored skirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Caultron » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 am

FranTastic444 wrote:Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?

Yes, that's certainly possible, although I did it in reverse.

I started wearing 1", then 2", then 3", then 4" heels but my wife refused to be seen in public with me in any of them.

So I bought a pair of 1"-heeled Cubans, the highest Cubans I could find, and because they came in mens's sizes my wife approved.

Go figure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Postby skirtyscot » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:00 pm

1" hardly counts as a high heel, does it? I have an ordinary pair of men's black shoes which are nearly as high as that. How can they make heels that low which are recognisably Cuban heels?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Postby beachlion » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:38 pm

I bought loafers with a block heel of 2". They are very comfortable but no longer available. I even did a review.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075G ... UTF8&psc=1
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Freedomforall » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 am

I love Cuban heel boots. Thank you for sharing. I have been looking for a pair for a while now.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Freedomforall » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 pm

FranTastic444 wrote:Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?

I've just ordered a pair of these from the UK. Price seems reasonable for leather - and they seem to have larger sizes in stock. $19 for US delivery also seems to be reasonable.

Shuperb

I just received a pair in the mail from Shuperb today. The heel is nice and the boot fits great. My only concern is the construction of the boot. The leather seems cheap. It wrinkles easily and from my experience this means that it may crack or peel soon. Has anyone ordered from them and had another experience?
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Pdxfashionpioneer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

Those Cuban heel boots look a lot like an inexpensive pair of booties I bought in the women's department of a deep discounter some time ago. So, I'd say it's a good candidate for a crossover shoe.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Caultron » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:05 pm

skirtyscot wrote:1" hardly counts as a high heel, does it? I have an ordinary pair of men's black shoes which are nearly as high as that. How can they make heels that low which are recognisably Cuban heels?

I have a pair of Cuban-heel shoes I wear because my wife tolerates them when we go out together. (They came in a men's box and size.) But they're certainly a step down (sic) from the heels I usually wear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Freestyle Fashions