Hello from NorthEast Ohio

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Donald

Hello from NorthEast Ohio

Post by Donald »

Hello. Well, it looks that Ohio is pretty well represented here! :lol: Anyway, I am from the Akron area. I did wear a skirt a while ago but never really liked it because of what I matched with it for a top. I was wearing a white blouse at the time. But lately, I have been wearing dresses and have liked them a lot. I greatly appreciate the fit of a dress and the open feel around my legs. As we already know, the dress, as well as the skirt, permits far better air circulation around our legs and that was no exception for me. Even my 100% polyester long A-line dress on a warm day felt cooler in my legs than Dockers. I have gone out to many local parks and some small shops wearing my dresses and never received any problems. People talk to me normally (as they very well should!) as if I were trousered. In short, I have a high confidence level in public wearing my dresses and when others see that confidence, they do not bother me at all. I have even photographed myself in some very scenic locations in the presence of others. It is all about confidence.

Right now, my wardrobe is small at this point at just two dresses. But that will probably change soon. I will be purchasing two skirts from onestopplus dot com (an amalgamation of all Lane Bryant stores such as Jessica London, Roamans, Woman Within, etc) shortly after the new year. As I mentioned above, I probably never really experimented with different tops with my skirt other than the "office style" blouse. I've known that skirts are close to being universal with what they can be matched with. I can wear a blouse, a polo, turtleneck, or even a Tshirt of the right style with a skirt. So when I went to look for that one skirt I owned, I could not find it... :( But I realized that I can always get a few more skirts and if I find this one, so be it.

So that is me, I guess. :) I look forward to being a member here so I can gain some good fashion insight on things like shoes (I lurked for a while and found the shoes threads very informative) and coat lengths as well as good general clothing talk.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Split Thread...

Post by Bob »

[I split this thread and moved the rest of the posts to the "Skirted Get-Togethers" forum]