Hello from Costa Rica ^^

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
dbh2ppa

Hello from Costa Rica ^^

Post by dbh2ppa »

Hi *waves* I'm new here ^^ My name's Miguel, 18 y/o, from Costa Rica. I haven't really worn skirts a lot (Just once actually) but I really like them, and I love the idea of fashion freedom :)

I thought I would share my first (and only thus far) experience on wearing a skirt. I remember it like it was yesterday... (It was this past tuesday so... yeah XD) It was 6:30 AM, I had just finished hemming the skirt I was sewing (Not only my first skirt, but the first wearable garment I've ever sewn... all by hand too XD) I had to be at school in half an hour, and I was faced with a decision to make... put on those boring old pants, or put on that beautiful long black skirt I had just made... The choice was simple, so I walked out of my house proud in my new skirt (Do know I had never before worn a skirt, not even at home, so that was a big deal for me).
So... I get to school, just in time for class... and the reaction of my classmates and teacher was... totally anticlimactic... not a single comment... not a single stare... it felt like I was wearing pants, only a lot more comfortable :D (Admittedly it wasn't a mini skirt, nor flowery print or anything like that, but I was expecting at least SOME reaction) Oh well!... As the day went by I started feeling more and more confortable... and when the sun was at it's peak, and everyone was starting to sweat, I felt fresh like a lettuce ^^ I totally fell in love with that skirt... I must make some more, replace all of those hedious pants ^^

So... that's my first skirt-wearing experience... and I can tell you... I'm hooked (Working on a half circle skirt and I write ^^) Sorry about the looooong post, just thought I should share ^^
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

What do blokes normally wear in Costa Rica? Is there any history of menskirts there?
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Welcome from the Scottish Borders.
I am pleased to read that your first skirted outing was so successful.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
dbh2ppa

Post by dbh2ppa »

merlin wrote:What do blokes normally wear in Costa Rica? Is there any history of menskirts there?
No history of menskirts whatsoever... we're very represed when it comes to fashion (And several other aspects of life)... Guys are expected to adjust to a "macho" image, which is exactly why I was expecting some kind of reaction ^^...
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

dbh2ppa wrote: Guys are expected to adjust to a "macho" image, which is exactly why I was expecting some kind of reaction ^^...
Sounds like you came up with a really 'macho' skirt! Many folk here can attest to the 'invisibility' of skirts made from denim, especially those that look like jeans. How about 'converting' some to a skirt? Don't forget to use some of the cut away legs to make the skirt roomy enough, mind!
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Welcome, and from Costarica too! Not many skirt wearers from there on the forum. Congratulations, 18 and already into skirts. Great. Keep reading and posting if you have any updates about the skirt wearing over there. I am sure we are all very interested.

best regards,
Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

And a hearty welcome from Australia where it is coming into Summer and I will be dusting off my sarongs again.