Hello

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtguy22

Hello

Post by skirtguy22 »

Hello everyone. I am an older guy who prefers skirts to bifurcated clothing. I wear kilts mostly when out and about, but at home I usually wear a skirt. They are much cheaper than kilts and are just as comfortable. So far, I haven't worn a skirt out in public, but I have thought about it. Women not only wear jeans, but many also wear men's jeans, so why not a guy in a skirt?
Freedom
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

Why not eh? 8)

Welcome to the Cafe
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Hello and welcome.

Whereabouts in the world are you?
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
skirtguy22

Post by skirtguy22 »

I am in the USA, state of Virginia.
Freedom
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

skirtguy22 wrote:...state of Virginia.
Nevermind, we'll try not to hold that against you :D

Welcome to the café, I'm sure you'll find many others here who are or have been in a similar position to you and can offer support, encouragement and (if you're really unlucky) advice. We're generally a fairly friendly bunch here and not inclined to pick fights (it's probably those flapping skirts stopping us from running away that does it).

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Welcome Skirtguy22,

As one of the ladies on this forum, WELCOME! Men in sirts are cool. More men should try it out.

Out and about, things may not be as scary as you might fear.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

SkirtDude wrote:I finally escaped to the "relatively liberal" northern part of the state.
I guess that narrows "Da Burbs, USA" down somewhat :D

No offence intended folks.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

skirtguy22 wrote:I am in the USA, state of Virginia.
I tell everyone I was "born and bred" in the Ante-Bellum South. (That's Richmond, a.k.a. Capital of the Confederacy.) They definitely had the attitude that nothing worth talking about had happened since about 1855, and they always pointed out Robert E. Lee's pew in the church I grew up in as if they half expected to find him in it some Sunday. Things have changed externally there in the decades since I left (new malls, neighborhoods bulldozed to put in highways, farm country turned into subdivisions), but I don't get the impression that they think any differently.

There's stuff I got from growing up there that I value, but I'd never want to live there again. Or raise my kids there.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

We just left Richmond after living there for 7 years and I sorely miss it. I wore my kilts, skirts, sarongs literally all over town with nothing but warm ambivalence or excess positiveness. The health care was fantastic, super restaurants and shopping, wonderful schools. I'd go back this afternoon, given the chance.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Welcome aboard, skirtguy22! During my Navy days, I spent a goodly amount of time in Norfolk along with Little Creek and Portsmouth, swung through Richmond a time or two as well. All in all, the Tidewater area's a nice place to visit, but I'm happy where I'm living.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

"Little Boxes" written by Malvina Reynolds, turned into a hit by Pete Seeger
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

We sing that song "Little Boxes" at full voice every time we drive past another new subdivision! Does that date us?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

getting dated

Post by Since1982 »

Just remembering "Ole Rotton Teeth" (Pete Seeger) and his magic banjo and high squeeky voice dates you. I loved the "Pete Seeger Show" on PBS and his duets with Joni Mitchell or Joan Baez...I guess remembering all those old black and white Sunday morning Folk Music shows dates me too. :):):):):)8) I used to enjoy Pete and other mornings "Simon and Garfunkle" or "The Beach Boys".. O well...tymes change.

I'm so dated my fingers hurt when I drag out my old circa 1962 Gibson B-25 acoustic 6 stringer..My one time hard as steel fingernails I use to fingerpick with bend now if I try to fingerpick at all..Have to use metal fingerpicks now. :( (too much whole milk in my diet now, the calcium weakens my nails)..8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/