New Kid in Town

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
rick

New Kid in Town

Post by rick »

Hi Just singed up to Skirtcafe. I am a fortysoemthing married man from NW England. I have been into wearing skirts for a while, but have no interest in passing as a female, although I do like to look femme. I especially like short skirts in the summer and the feeling of comfort and, it must be said, the buzz. :lol: :D
Rick
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Welcome Rick! Nice to meet you. Hope to see you around. We have plenty of lively discussions here, and it's always cool to have a new viewpoint.

But I've gotta ask you -- what do you mean by "the buzz"?
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome, Rick. When you mentioned "the buzz", it resonated with me.
Emerald Witch wrote: But I've gotta ask you -- what do you mean by "the buzz"?
I should (and shall) let Rick respond for himself since he may have had an entirely different meaning from my personal feeling. But to me, the buzz is an adrenaline high I get from being "out" wearing a skirt. It's like a victory over self-denial. It's partly trepidation of the furtive glances and occasional hostile stares from strangers and partly emotional release from doing what you want without regard for the constrictive mores of the greater society. And partly the thrill of pushing the envelope, socially speaking. That may not make much sense, but that's the best I can do to articulate the feeling. I suppose that when men in skirts become commonplace, I won't experience it. Then I'll have to look for another buzz! :lol:

Rick, please tell us what you meant with the expression.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

But I've gotta ask you -- what do you mean by "the buzz"?
I should let Rick answer that too - but I couldn't resist . . sorry.

He might mean the buzz (enjoyment) that we get from being naughty.

It's a boy thing EmeraldWitch.

Like stealing apples from the orchard - that's naughty, because we're not supposed to do it. Wearing a skirt is the same - in the sense that, according to current social rules, we're not suppose to do it.

So, of course, we do do it! And we get a great buzz from that. :lol:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

ChristopherJ wrote:He might mean the buzz (enjoyment) that we get from being naughty.

It's a boy thing EmeraldWitch.
(Hey Em, do we dare burst his bubble and tell him girls aren't always well behaved either?) :lol:

Welcome to the Cafe, Rick!

Quiet Mouse
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Emerald Witch wrote:But I've gotta ask you -- what do you mean by "the buzz"?
To add my two cents worth, perhaps that has something to do with an adrenaline fueled high that comes from doing something both thrilling and, yes, naughty as we're breaking the rules by wearing an article of clothing in public that society says we shouldn't. Well, that's my opinion.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I don't concider wearing fun clothing to be naughty. I consider those that would poke fun at me, or threaten me for doing so to be "naughty". Actually I consider them to be A-holes.
rick

Post by rick »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yep the buzz is pretty much what most of you too seem to get. The adrenilin high as Sasquatch says from defying the norms of society and also aas JeffB says from being a bit naughty and exhibitionist. I also sometimes paint my toenails, but my wife frowns on this if we're going to be on holiday by the pool. Incidentally she tolerates my wearing a lunghi without comment.
Rick
rick

Post by rick »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yep the buzz is pretty much what most of you too seem to get. The adrenilin high as Sasquatch says from defying the norms of society and also aas JeffB says from being a bit naughty and exhibitionist. I also sometimes paint my toenails, but my wife frowns on this if we're going to be on holiday by the pool. Incidentally she tolerates my wearing a lunghi without comment.
Rick
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Pythos wrote:I don't concider wearing fun clothing to be naughty. I consider those that would poke fun at me, or threaten me for doing so to be "naughty". Actually I consider them to be A-holes.
Maybe "naughty" was a wrong word to have used, but it was the best I could come up with at the time. Perhaps "daring" works better.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Much better.

Naughty makes it sound like a fetish thing.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Good day being a kid is not quite what it says on my tin....

I am over 50 and have graduated to liking kilts from a chance encounter in the early 80s when a Scottish lady said that I had the arse for the kilt. I wore lava lavas when in the Pacific Islands and a longi in SE Asia and on holidays. Western clothing can be really uncomfortable. When the indiginous perople have adapted to local conditions why not follow suit. I tried wearing women's skirts but even with the arse for the kilt; there were bags where body should have been etc etc. My kilts are the most comfortable things I have. Occaisionally I venture out for a walk in one and wear a kilt for long drives when I can. After all any one can be uncomfortable.