Newbie here....Hi

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

cessna152towser wrote:In fact sometimes I wish I could be more conspicuous - twice recently I have stood in a queue wearing a drab single colour kilt then when I reached the head of the line the sales assistant failed to notice me and served the garishly dressed person behind me first.
Of course, if you want to stand out, camouflage may not be the best choice... :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

In fact sometimes I wish I could be more conspicuous - twice recently I have stood in a queue wearing a drab single colour kilt then when I reached the head of the line the sales assistant failed to notice me and served the garishly dressed person behind me first.
Get a kilt from that shop in London that someone mentioned here a few weeks ago. It was called Guilty Kilts: http://www.guiltykilts.com/

They have all sorts of weird kilts. Furry ones . . . PVC ones . . . hipster ones . . .

You would certainly be a bit more conspicuous then! :shock:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

WOW, what a jazzy site!

I was very disappointed in the furry kilt, though.
I didn't see a speck of FUR on it! Perhaps it had been shorn prior to the photo op? :lol:

The Low kilt is just perfect for those young folks who like to wear their pants below their butts!

There were several I really liked.
Thanks for the link.
WSmac
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Lifeboatkeith wrote:...my gf is a bit prude and would kick me out for definite if i mentioned that I like to wear skirts, for now I think i'll keep it my secret until I feel the time is right
Just to emphasize what others have said: this won't work in the long term.

If the others here will forgive the reference to "orthodox" crossdressing, this is a situation that comes up with crossdressers all the time. Go to Crossdressers.com if you want to see the experiences there, including the girlfriends'/wives' point of view. (In contrast to SkirtCafe, a number of women post there.)

Basically, as crfriend has said, if you keep wearing skirts and keep your girlfriend, she is going to find out, and you are going to have to deal with your girlfriend's attitude towards men wearing skirts (and whatever else you are doing.) That will not get any easier with time. And if you wait, you will have the additional, and more serious, issue of "why did you lie to me?" By all accounts, the damage to trust is much, much harder to heal than any upset at a "perversion."

Also, if it is truly inevitable that she is going to "throw you out" (do you mean by this that you live in her home?) once she finds out, isn't it better to have it happen sooner than later?

I think that you really have only three choices: give up the skirt-wearing forever, give up the girlfriend, or face your girlfriend's attitude.

-- AMM
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

amm wrote:

I think that you really have only three choices: give up the skirt-wearing forever, give up the girlfriend, or face your girlfriend's attitude.
AMM, I suspect, has it right in this regard. It does sound harsh, but if skirt-wearing is important to you, then it's better to get it "out in the open" sooner rather than later.

I forget precisely who wrote it, but there's an old saying that goes, "It's usually easier to just tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember who you told what." The same works rather well in relationships.

Whatever happens, good luck!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!